• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Site migration IP address and Temp directory on Plesk Linux

Feruz

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.57.1
Dear Madam, Sir,

I want to migrate my sites, databases and email accounts from my old Plesk server to my new Plesk Linux server with the Plesk Migrator extension and I have two questions:

1) My first question for my new server when should I change my IP address for my domain name?

2) My second question regarding Temp directory. In fact, in this part what should I indicate or should I leave it filled in by default?

I'll send you the screenshot.

Thanks for your answer.

Attachments

• Temp directory.png
    Temp directory.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 9
Hello @Feruz, thank you for asking.
1) The ip address is changed automatically to what is available on the new server. Do you use more than one ip address?
2) Normally, the temp directory field should be pre-filled with: /root/plesk_migrator

Hello @Feruz, thank you for asking.
1) The ip address is changed automatically to what is available on the new server. Do you use more than one ip address?
2) Normally, the temp directory field should be pre-filled with: /root/plesk_migrator
Hello Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

Very good, no on my new server for the moment I am using an IP4 address and an IP6 address.

Yes, absolutely, by default I too received /root/plesk_migrator.

Then, I would like to ask, regarding the SSL certificate should it be left active or should it be deactivated ?

SSL certificates that are installed for domains will be migrated, so you can leave them all active. SSL certificates that are created or managed in Tools & Settings by the admin for the server will not be migrated, but these are server specific anyway and should already exist on the new server.
For other limits, please check out this article: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...nown-limitations-of-Plesk-Migrator-Extension-

SSL certificates that are installed for domains will be migrated, so you can leave them all active. SSL certificates that are created or managed in Tools & Settings by the admin for the server will not be migrated, but these are server specific anyway and should already exist on the new server.
For other limits, please check out this article: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...nown-limitations-of-Plesk-Migrator-Extension-
Hello Peter,

I hope you're doing well. Finally, I was able to migrate all my sites, domains and email addresses to my new server, I changed my IP address to DNS and I checked the propagation of my new IP address on the DNS Checker site and I see that it is starting to propagate and I have accessed all my sites, they are accessible and in addition on my old server in the DNS option I see the message like (The website's domain name does not resolve or resolves to a different IP address. To put your website online, update DNS settings on the side of your domain registrar or external DNS provider. Your website will be up and running once DNS changes come into effect. It may take up to 24 hours)

now I would like to ask you, all my sites, domains and email addresses that I have on my old server should I delete them? I'll send you the screenshot.
If so, could you tell me how I can make it more practical, please?

Thanks for your answer.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-11-28 à 04.01.36.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-28 à 04.01.36.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 6
Regarding DNS, did you update your domains at your domain registrar to use the new DNS server?

Regarding DNS, did you update your domains at your domain registrar to use the new DNS server?
Hello Peter,

Thanks for your answer. Indeed, yes I changed the DNS IP address on my server. Because, DNS of my domain is located in my server and my domain name of the server which is pointed to the server where to buy the domain.

Then I would like to ask you, I have a small problem loading Dashboard page Plesk Websites & Domains statistics in my Plesk and I don't know how you explain. Indeed, when I access my Plesk and I press on Websites & Domains and Dashboard which is displayed normally it should display my site or my domain but this Dashboard always loads and it turns and is not displayed not my site or domain like before and I don't know how to fix this. I'll send you the screenshot.

Could you help me resolve this issue please. Before I never had this problem on my Dashboard of my Websites & Domains page.

Thanks for your answer.

Attachments

• Websites & Domains and Dashboard 1.png
    Websites & Domains and Dashboard 1.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Websites & Domains and Dashboard 2.png
    Websites & Domains and Dashboard 2.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 2
Hello Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

Ok, I read the information about the problem Website preview image in Websites & Domains and thank you.

Regarding the DNS problem, apparently it is not yet resolved. Because, I looked on the DNS Checker site and I see that the IP address of my new server is propagated, but at the same time I see my old IP address of my old server and yet I deactivated it and at instead I replaced it with new IP address. But, the problem I think is the Name Server. Because, for 2 IP addresses, I use the same Name Server and maybe that's why I still have access to both sites, it's the site with my old server and it's the site with my new server, because I use the same company's server and just not long ago I changed to the dedicated server.

Additionally, I have something else to notice, when I deleted a plugin from my old server site and this plugin was deleted automatically from my new server site that I migrated yesterday and I I reinstalled and it reappeared. So, if I delete all the data (websites, emails, domains and databases) from my old server and that means all my data (websites, emails, domains and databases) on my new server that I migrated yesterday they will be deleted is not it ?

And it's weird and that means all my data (websites, emails, domains and data) on my new server are not disconnected from my old server, how do you think about it ?

Then, currently for my domain I use Name Server of my server and if I change Name Server of my server to Name Server of my domain name will this problem be solved ? Or could you advise me on another solution please ?

Thanks for your answer.

There is always something additional, but it is problematic to mix all the different things in one thread. Could you please open a separate thread for separate questions?

Regarding DNS, well, that's not really a Plesk issue. You must make sure that the routes are correct and that the DNS servers involved are the ones that are configured in the domain datasets. Wrong DNS data anywhere = problems.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your answer and for your support.

Yes, absolutely, you are right. As you told me I will create a separate discussion thread regarding these questions.

Then, I would like to ask you after the migration all my data, I see on the Plesk Migrator extension the migration status is still in progress and I did not press Finish migration and perhaps because of that my sites in two servers they are present and my sites in two servers are operational. Can I press Finish migration?

I'll send you the screenshot and thank you for your answer.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-11-30 à 00.20.45.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-11-30 à 00.20.45.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 1
"Finish migration" only removes the migration task. For example, after removal you will no longer be able to sync mailboxes from the old to the new server from within that task.

Dear Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

Indeed, I have access to all my data (websites, emails, domains and databases) from my new server and I don't need anything from my old server. Now can I delete all my data (websites, emails, domains and databases) from my old server and all my data from my new server will not be lost if I delete them ?

Thanks for your answer.

Hello Peter,

The problem was resolved and I was able to migrate all my data to my new server.

Again, thank you for your answer and for your support.

Back