• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration to a virtual cloud (or virtual server)

jorge ceballos

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I need to migrate to newer hardware and I'm considering a "private virtual cloud", also known as virtual server and would really like to migrate using Odin's migration tool - have used it successfully several times- but my question/doubt is regarding the following:
These virtual instances use SANS disks, being the main disk either 25 or 100 Gb - where the OS/control panel is located
Second, third, etc., aditional disks may be up to 3 Tb in size - where the websites and the rest of the info is placed.
My doubt is, if using Odin's migration tool and coming from a regular partitioned disk, sites, mail, etc. will fall in place as expected or some other kind of tweaking is required.

BTW, if my current install is running CentOS 5.11 , can the migration tool be used to migrate successfully to a CentOS 6 or 7 OS?

TIA.

Back