• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Migration tool error

Cordal

Basic Pleskian
When I start a migration from one server to another with the plesk migration tool, it throws me the following error:

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (00.00.00.00) with non-zero exit code.
command: echo 'ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQDBiivh0FhySKGvXMjK71lrgPhcoUcRUFm/eIm2HpD7hq1sPqeTAbuNS6/lL39seBlDaTQtGkvwVhOBW0aHvMediUqfAQuaiE70EfywGJK6CrY3JMT5a7QWu/GRNhLi/4dYs1xeZMogxgBL0DMAJu1NTnEneCI7tHxh8lHh/KF7abJCvZSKeCcDhVlngl1DOVGG9EpvXRPxPrdQBzGmdjcvmd36SCTs4VPPvDyq0Td11de7ikKLD04/y1UAxMinF+weMzjDhDRYMH502hk1EwidhiFN9ne2kyKX1ERvRqgv26GN0eRYcdoMNr4vGRdxM9HK+6vxAURXmHv8F+9vhml7 root@excellence' >> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
exit code: 1
stdout:
stderr: bash: /root/.ssh/authorized_keys: Operation not permitted

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

Which may be due?
Thanks

When I am in the .ssh directory and I run:
chown -R root: root /root/.ssh

It gives me permission error:
chown: changing the owner of «/root/.ssh»: Operation not allowed

I run it as root user

Sorry for the previous msg, I had made a mistake in the introduction of the command, I have already followed the indications of "Unable to start Plesk migration due to invalid permissions on .ssh files: Permission denied (publickey, gssapi-with-mic, password)" but it keeps throwing me the error.

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (XX.XXX.XXX.XX) with non-zero exit code.
command: echo 'ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAADAQABAAABAQCxbjD0Peo7jttbizrnKztQVQUnUkiNImvuGPmL3DVSmcMxJCntDWsc724DaHSJ4ImT6HZKnIxpsNAqRRUuJkSHsqz+XjL5TVi9fNcVLeFvXEmwtIEFdB5kXC+ri6gp+hH/mL4tXfifM8fnRNXz7Vs08pybbrndd/vgJQPvTBKnT+dL+ogOBlZnaCMVwu92v3shhE1uda29GYCMXZOqnjBlYYjqldf8PwEPoVGFVoek54nd9J6+KyjATqtvYsRDlN4osL6eYBmYu/xCxBhcCRqjiiFGyuz8BAtsOV9q46tlUILXkQMr/PtK0fVEeLXfytz17oAIBcCIp6eVpwh74Q3t root@excellence' >> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
exit code: 1
stdout:
stderr: bash: /root/.ssh/authorized_keys: Operation not permitted

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

The source computer of the migration is a Debian 8 with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.28, and the destination computer of the migration is a Debian 10 with
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.34

Try to do the following:
  1. Connect to the source Plesk server via SSH.
  2. Remove the immutable bit attribute:
    # chattr -i /root/.ssh
  3. Restart the Plesk migration.

Back