• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migration tool pre-migrate?

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
Fellow Pleskians,

In a couple of days, I've got to migrate a domain from one server to another. It's all email accounts. Several thousand of them. 50GB+ of messages. I'm looking for ideas on how to accelerate the process by doing a pre-migration in advance. Ideally, I'd like to have the domain/subscription and all the email accounts without the data set up in advance. Then, when the time has some to migrate the actual data, I can update the DNS as I start so no messages go to the wrong place. Any ideas on how to make this happen or do you have a better idea?

You need to migrate first only business objects using plesk migrator (this will just create accounts, subscriptions, etc.), and then you can rsync the data via migrate mail.

This is done via advanced mode: Advanced Migration Mode

You need to select a subscription and uncheck all the boxes here:

image.png

Then select migrate this subscription again, but already select copy mail.

That's what I was hoping I could do. I thought that might be possible but I didn't know what might happen when I came around the second time to copy the files. Thanks so much Igor!

Back