• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration using PSARestore

F

Fever

I need to move all 78 sites from a Plesk 7.5.4 RH9 server to a Plesk 7.5.4 RHEL3 server. Migration tool doesn't work and I have given up on that. If I use PSADump and backup the RH9 sites, I notice that when I restore them to the other server, I get an Apache test page. The .htaccess files aren't restored and what all else isn't restored is anybody's guess. Is there a way to get the backup utility to backup EVERYthing I need to move these site?

If there is a better way to move these sites and minimize downtime, I would appreciate hearing what it is.

Fever

Hmmm...
The command I have been running is:
#/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump -F -f - --nostop --tar-ignore-failed-read | split -b 1000m - dump.

There must be a switch I am missing.

Thanks

cat dump.* | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -m map_file -s shells_map_file -f dump.* --domains-names=/home2/backup1/domain
"domain" being the file with the list of domains to restore

I have never used '--domains-names=/home2/backup1/domain' to restore the entire server, so I can't comment on that. Have you tried without it? Also, try removing dump.* from the end of the line. It should look like:

cat dump.* | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f -m map_file -s shell_map_file

The only other issue may be the map_file. Have you edited it so that the configuration matches the RH9 server?

The only reason I was using the --domains-names command was because I wasn't restoring all at once...just my brother's domains in case it failed. He wouldn't mind as much as a "real" customer. After the restore of just his domains, I edit the DNS to point to the new server. When it resolved it showed the apache page.

I will check the map_file, but I was just changing the IP in that to the new IP...

Well, the ip map checks out, and to further complicate things, it appears that no matter what I restore, the directories structure is all that restores...no files. Went into httpdocs and there were image folders, no html files and no images in the image folder.

Back