• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration with MySQL 5.5 installed do not migrate databases

jcgalvez

Basic Pleskian
Plesk Linux Centos 6.7 + upgrade mysql to version 5.5 according to the instructions on the following Link
https://kb.plesk.com/en/125589

I have 2 servers with 12.5 patched and upgraded to the top, one is a vps and the other running on hardware.

The problem is that when I put migrate from server a(vps) to server b (hardware) migrates everything BUT the mysql databases.

I have to mention that I "upgraded" mysql to 5.5 using https://kb.plesk.com/en/125589

I'm getting the following error

`- Subscription 'test.com'
|
|- error: Failed to copy content of database 'test1'
| Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the source server 'source' (h42.test.com) with non-zero exit code.
| command: mysqldump -h localhost -P 3306 -uadmin --quick --quote-names --add-drop-table --default-character-set=utf8 --set-charset imexportsrl1 -p'***hidden***' --routines > /tmp/panel_migrator/db-dumps/test1.sql
| exit code: 2
| stdout:
| stderr: mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'SHOW FUNCTION STATUS WHERE Db = 'test1'': Cannot load from mysql.proc. The table is probably corrupted (1548)

however while testing that database on the vps server says that it's ok and no need to fix it

i suggest you to downgrade your mysql on Plesk B.
the problem is that 5.1 to 5.5 update a lot of dependencies that made tables incompatible between versions.

things that you can try (if you went to become with 5.5)
migrate one database on hand by dump on phpmyadmin, than you gone to run a script by shell, connect to mysql and update some dependencies.
we had this issue, but was just one database, so you need to judge if is valuable...

Both servers are already with 5.5, and if I "downgrade" to 5.1 the database gets corrupted and no longer works due to a "charset" or something that is increased on version 5.5 of mysql, so I guess it wont be an option doing the "downgrade"

The "beauty" of this "bug" is that in some cases (exact identical installed servers) both with mysql 5.5 the new one shows OK no errors on the migration, however inspecting the databases (I repeat both new and old server on mysql 5.5) on the new server the databases are created but there is NO DATA.

I wish plesk could fix this problem soon.

ok, but into vps the db initially was created in 5.1 right?

the issue that i describe there was for the situation where db was created in 5.1 and after mysql was upgraded to 5.5, so in this case there some dependencies to update on table.

the vps came by default with version 5.1, then was "upgraded" to mysql 5.5, after that the customer installed his system on 5.5 that "requires" 5.5, (the customer tried to install his database on version 5.1, but did not work at all, but when installed on version 5.5 worked since the beginning.

now (I'm) trying to migrate all this vps customer to a real server (hardware based) along with other customers that are using their own databases, but seems like neither of this customers nor the initial one can migrate the database successfully to the "IDENTICAL" server (by identical I mean that I installed exactly the same things on both servers, no more, no less) (Plain centos 6.7 and then plesk install with most modules activated) so in the "install panel" on the old and new server show exactly the same modules installed, the only thing different is the MySQL upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5 that was executed by the book.

This is a total disaster because I upgraded all my vps's to this later version and all my customers are using this new version with new features, and even the new centos 7.2 install comes by default with this 5.5 version and I feel that it's not posible not being able to migrate in a "transparent" fool proof way from 2 similar servers (using the same 5.5 versions)

Back