• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration

L

livid

Slow Migration

I am migrating my site from my old server (Plesk 7.5.4) to a new server (Plesk 8.1.0). So far all my smaller domains moved without issue, however one of my domains, which is much more complex (DB, custom scripts, many users etc...) with about 9GB of data is taking forever. It has been migrating for over 12 hours, so I can't receive mail from the server. Does anyone know the typical time ranges for migration or any other way to access mail during?

Thanks in advance.

It won't work. It will hang forever on such large files. I haven't found a definitive reason for this, could difficulty in compressing the file (try wout compression), could be space limitations on the sending server, most likely it's Plesk. The migration manager is very broken.

Have fun storming the castle.

One thing you may want to do is move any really large files out of the directory, then migrate, then move the files back into the directory and rsync the directory from the new server. I have posted the framework of a simple rsync script in a previous thread.

DC

Back