• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrator fails - no database user created - no database imported

wmgilligan27

New Pleskian
I have been trying to figure out a workaround - to no avail.
Previous migrations today have worked flawless.
this one site generates this error and we're dead in the water with no database user being created...
I can tell the likely culprit is some "custom button" - but we don't have any..
What can I do - ...???
=====
error: An error occurred, when restoring hosting settings:
| Deployer has been terminated by exception:
| Line 96 error: Element 'custom-button': This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( unity-mobile-integration, template-plan-item, aps-bundle, default-db-servers, descriptions ).
|
|
|- error: MySQL database 'yalabella_' does not exist on target. Its content will not be copied.
| Resolve the issue with database creation or create database on target panel, then run copy-db-content command for that subscription to copy database contents.
|

Hello! Looks like dump of source server is incorrect (XML contains unexpected nodes, which can not be processed by target Plesk 12.5), so it can not be restored on target. As I understand, this issue affects only specific domain(s)? Could you please try to migrate only one domain, which fails with this error? Then, if you can provide me the dump of this domain (it could be found in migration session directory) via private conversation (it could contain sensitive data) we can detect the error and provide a patch to fix it.

Thanks for the follow up.
I was able to move all 10 of the domains - but 3 gave me this same error.
Of those 3, only one actually failed - and I recovered that from a backup.

It was a migration from linux cent os 6 Plesk 12.5 to a linux 6 Plesk 12.5 machine.
So it should have been very easy.

If I can provide you any info at this point that may help someone in the future, please let me know.

If I can provide you any info at this point that may help someone in the future, please let me know.

Could you please perform transfer of only one of the affected domains in separate migration? We will be very appreciated if you provide us a debug.log file and dump file (plesk.backup.pfu.raw.tar) from session directory created for this migration (/usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/<session name>/). Using this artifacts we can investigate at what stage is the error occurred and what it the root cause of failure.

Hi - sorry for the delay. I have been installing a new server and transferring domains... I can't duplicate this as the sites are live now.

I will be moving one the sites from this temp server to a new 12.5x server later this week - if it occurs again, I will send the info.
Bill

Back