• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Migrator fails with message "Unknown IP address type"

PleskSergeant

New Pleskian
Hi there

I just tried to do a migration from two Confixx servers to a fresh installed and updated Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #67. On one server the Migrator collected all information and I was able to migrate hosting to the Plesk server.

On the other Confixx server which is configured identical, it seems to collect all the infos from Confixx but then it throws the following error, which is unfortunately not really helpful.

Failed to generate migration list file
Cause: Unknown IP address type:
That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

I have found this in the /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20190918102647/binary_log.messages:

Reading dump from a TAR archive /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20190918102647/plesk.backup.confixx.raw.tarException:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/workflow/runner/by_subscription.py", line 164, in run_multi_attempts
run()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/workflow/runner/by_subscription.py", line 153, in run
action.run(self._context)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/actions/migration_list/generate.py", line 32, in run
subscription_names += [s.name for s in source_backup.iter_all_subscriptions()]
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/dump/dump.py", line 279, in iter_all_subscriptions
for subscription, _, _ in self.iter_all_subscriptions_with_owner_and_reseller():
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/dump/dump.py", line 266, in iter_all_subscriptions_with_owner_and_reseller
for reseller in self.iter_resellers():
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/dump/dump.py", line 702, in iter_resellers
clients=[self.get_client(client_name) for client_name in self._get_reseller_client_names_filtered(reseller_name)],
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/dump/dump.py", line 758, in get_client
self.get_subscription(domain_name) for domain_name in domain_names
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/dump/dump.py", line 876, in get_subscription
ips = parse_subscription_ips(domain_info.findall('properties/ip'))
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/dump/data_model.py", line 33, in parse_subscription_ips
return parse_plesk_ips(ip_nodes)
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/dump/data_model.py", line 47, in parse_plesk_ips
raise Exception(messages.UNKNOWN_IP_ADDRESS_TYPE % ip_address)
Exception: Unknown IP address type:
Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/workflow/runner/by_subscription.py", line 196, in _run_common_action_plain
run_multi_attempts()
File "/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/core/workflow/runner/by_subscription.py", line 177, in run_multi_attempts
raise err
Exception: Unknown IP address type:
START: Uninstall migration agent filesExecute command on the source server 'confixx' (5.9.XXX.XXX): /bin/rm -rf /root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-86q7bur3zwsm6psoz4bepxm7fm0hdrnl/pmm_agentCommand execution results:
stdout:
stderr:

Somehow I have the feeling, that the error is related to the IP(s) on the PLESK server and not the Confixx server. I would really appreciate, if you guys can help me out here.

UPDATE:
We were able to find the cause for this error. On the Confixx server were a couple of hostings, which strangely hadn't had an IP address assigned. After assigning the main IP of the server, the Migrator was able to process the data properly.

Cheers
Stefan

Last edited:
Back