• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migrator Issues: php handler and Apache modules

Robin McDermott

Basic Pleskian
Migrating from Onyx to Obsidian (Version 18.0.38).

I am getting three errors in the preflight for the migrator:

1. Service plan 'xxx Service Plan' on source server has PHP handler that is not installed on the target server: running in unknown mode. Another PHP handler was selected for that service template: default Plesk handler for PHP 7.3.32 running in CGI mode To resolve the issue, it is recommended to do one of the following:
- Install and enable such PHP handler to target server.
- Ensure that PHP handler that was selected automatically is fine for migrated web sites.
- Select appropriate PHP handler in service template once migration is finished
and synchronize the changes to subscriptions.

This service plan on both servers have 7.3.32 FPM application as the php handler and it is installed on both machines so I don't understand what is causing the error.

2. The following Apache modules are not installed on the destination server: actions, alias, authn_file, authz_host, authz_user, autoindex, bw, dir, env, log_config, mime, mime_magic, negotiation, setenvif, ssl.
Please install and turn on these modules in Plesk to prevent some possible problems.

Is this another possible bug or are these legitimate warnings?

3. The following Apache modules are disabled on the destination server: speling, usertrack.
Please turn on these modules in Plesk to prevent some possible problems.

Is this another possible bug or are these legitimate warnings?

PHP: Maybe PHP 7.3 exists, but the PHP-FPM service is not running. It may not be running if there is no website that is using it yet.

Apache modules: If your website does not need these modules you can ignore the messages. If your website requires any of the modules mentioned, make sure they have been activated before you migrate the website.

PHP: I have added a domain and assigned the Service Plan identified as a problem to that domain. PHP-FPM 7.3.32 is now showing as running in Server Services, but I am still getting the preflight error message about
Service plan 'xxx Service Plan' on source server has PHP handler that is not installed.....

Apache Modules: Has this test determined that I have these modules installed on the old server? Or is it just throwing these modules out as things that would be nice to have? How can I find out if they are installed on my old server?

Migrator compares the modules on the old server with the ones on the new server. If it claims that the modules are missing on the new server, these modules are active on the old server. You can see the active modules on Tools & Settings > General Settings > Apache Webserver. It is best practice to only have the modules active that are truly needed by websites, because each module occupies RAM and CPU time for each Apache instance. The less modules you have in your Apache server, the faster and more efficient it can run. But be aware that many modules are needed that may not appear necessary on first sight, e.g. normally you don't need ext_filter, but you need filter to allow compression settings.

When I go to Tools & Settings > General Settings > Apache Webserver in Obsidian, I am not seeing any of these modules that it is telling me are on my old server but not the new one. When I go to the old server (Onyx) I am not seeing them either. So where are they and how do I install them?

The following Apache modules are not installed on the destination server: actions, alias, authn_file, authz_host, authz_user, autoindex, bw, dir, env, log_config, mime, mime_magic, negotiation, setenvif, ssl.

I assume that you are not only migrating from Onyx to Obsidian, but also from one operating system to another.

On Debian operating system you can instead run
# apache2ctl -t -D DUMP_MODULES
to get a list of the installed modules. On RHEL systems
# apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES

My Server is Hosted at Aptum. Their support is telling me the following:

Thank you for your patience. I have reviewed the list of modules from the warning message you are seeing, and I can confirm that all of the modules are present on the new server, see output below. The only exception is the "bw" module which is no longer available since Plesk 18.0.32, see article below.

[Plesk article]

https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...he-following-Apache-modules-are-not-installed

[Server output]

[root@web1 ~]# httpd -M

Loaded Modules:

core_module (static)

so_module (static)

http_module (static)

access_compat_module (shared)

actions_module (shared) ---------------

alias_module (shared) -----------------

allowmethods_module (shared)

auth_basic_module (shared)

auth_digest_module (shared)

authn_anon_module (shared)

authn_core_module (shared)

authn_dbd_module (shared)

authn_dbm_module (shared)

authn_file_module (shared) ------------

authn_socache_module (shared)

authz_core_module (shared)

authz_dbd_module (shared)

authz_dbm_module (shared)

authz_groupfile_module (shared)

authz_host_module (shared) ------------

authz_owner_module (shared)

authz_user_module (shared) ------------

autoindex_module (shared) ------------

cache_module (shared)

cache_disk_module (shared)

data_module (shared)

dbd_module (shared)

deflate_module (shared)

dir_module (shared) -------------------

dumpio_module (shared)

echo_module (shared)

env_module (shared) -------------------

expires_module (shared)

ext_filter_module (shared)

filter_module (shared)

headers_module (shared)

include_module (shared)

info_module (shared)

log_config_module (shared) ------------

logio_module (shared)

mime_magic_module (shared) ------------

mime_module (shared) ------------------

negotiation_module (shared) -----------

remoteip_module (shared)

reqtimeout_module (shared)

rewrite_module (shared)

setenvif_module (shared) --------------

slotmem_plain_module (shared)

slotmem_shm_module (shared)

socache_dbm_module (shared)

socache_memcache_module (shared)

socache_shmcb_module (shared)

status_module (shared)

substitute_module (shared)

suexec_module (shared)

unique_id_module (shared)

unixd_module (shared)

userdir_module (shared)

version_module (shared)

vhost_alias_module (shared)

usertrack_module (shared)

speling_module (shared)

dav_module (shared)

dav_fs_module (shared)

dav_lock_module (shared)

lua_module (shared)

mpm_event_module (shared)

proxy_module (shared)

lbmethod_bybusyness_module (shared)

lbmethod_byrequests_module (shared)

lbmethod_bytraffic_module (shared)

lbmethod_heartbeat_module (shared)

proxy_ajp_module (shared)

proxy_balancer_module (shared)

proxy_connect_module (shared)

proxy_express_module (shared)

proxy_fcgi_module (shared)

proxy_fdpass_module (shared)

proxy_ftp_module (shared)

proxy_http_module (shared)

proxy_scgi_module (shared)

proxy_wstunnel_module (shared)

ssl_module (shared) -------------------

systemd_module (shared)

cgid_module (shared)

fcgid_module (shared)

So, is this another bug with Plesk Obsidian and I should just ignore the warnings?

Fixed in 18.0.41:
Plesk no longer shows an incorrect “The following Apache modules are not installed on the destination server:” error after migrating from Ubuntu 16 to Ubuntu 20. (PMT-4972, PPP-55411)

I need to migrate Plesk from an Ubuntu 20 server to one running Ubuntu 22.
Plesk shows this error and I don't know what's causing it. I have already changed all PHP versions on the old server, with FPM Apache/Nginx.
Service plan 'DPS-CPS' on source server has PHP handler that is not installed on the target server: running in unknown mode. Another PHP handler was selected for that service template: default Plesk handler for PHP 7.4.33 running in CGI mode To resolve the issue, it is recommended to do one of the following: - Install and enable such PHP handler to target server. - Ensure that PHP handler that was selected automatically is fine for migrated web sites. - Select appropriate PHP handler in service template once migration is finished and synchronize the changes to subscriptions.

Back