• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Mismatch between Advanced Monitoring (disk) and files on the server

Penge58

New Pleskian
Hello

I have a problem that makes me confused.
I am running on a Debian VPS

I got 2 disks. One disk is 90 GB SDD and the other disk is a HDD at 200 GB.
The second disk is mounted at /disk2/
When I go to disk2 via SSH I see that all files (prestashop files) are saved at /disk2/mydomain.no/httpdocs/
So that is fine. That is were I want it since the capacity is 200 GB, if I have mounted that HDD correctly.

However when I go into Advanced Monitoring and disk I see that it is the "/" partition that fills up and that is the SSD disk (90GB)
See the attached images.

Anyone know what I have done wrong ?
Files seems to be on the correct disk but Advanced Monitoring shows the 90 GB disk for the files

Petter

Attachments

• Skjermbilde.JPG
    Skjermbilde.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Skjermbilde1.JPG
    Skjermbilde1.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 14
Hi Penge58,

Since it is another hardware disk that has another partition and is mounted to a different directory, have you tried to click "Detect hardware changes"? Graphs for that disk/partition should be shown as separate graphs.

Let me know if it does not work.

1630650383393.png

Hello and thank you for your reply.

Sorry for the delay from me, I have been away the whole day.
Yes detecting hardware was the first thing I tried. It reports: No change.

And PLESK had already detected my second drive (HDD) but it seems that the name it's given is /data/ and not disk2 as I gave it during mounting.
The name is not so important to me. The important is that I want PLESK to use the HDD ( /data/ ) as the disk for saving all files.
As you see from the screenshot the SSD is not almost full. That is why I want to use the HDD as the primary drive for saving files.

Attachments

• Skjermbilde.JPG
    Skjermbilde.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 6
What is strange though is that when I go to terminal I see /disk2/ and all the files seems to be saved there but on th Advanced Monitor it looks like they are saved on "/" which is only 90 + MB
I feel that is strange....

I thought this was fixed and that all new files was stored in the /data partition but when I check not I see that this is not the case.
As you see from the image it for some reason starts to fill partition "/" again and its soon reaching its limits.
I don't really understand this.

Attachments

• Skjermbilde.JPG
    Skjermbilde.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 4
Back