• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Missing emails after Plesk Migration

Mike Scheerer

New Pleskian
We have recently setup a new CentOS 7 Web Server with Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 installed.

We have attempted a test transfer of a couple of domains that currently resides on another CentOS 7 Web Server also with Plesk 17.8.11 installed.

The problem that we are seeing is that despite email accounts showing as the same used space the migrated mailboxes are missing approximately 1 years worth of emails.

When checking using Roundcube or Horde on the new server the newest email is dated over a year ago.

I have also attempted a backup of the individual mailboxes on the OLD server and restored the backup on the NEW server but the same issue.

I am at a loss to explain this, can anyone give me any ideas as to what and where I can check?

I have found the issue...

When our first server was setup we added an additional disk and moved the websites to a new location and as part of this the PLESK_MAILNAMES_D variable in psa.conf was also changed to point to this new location.

However, for whatever reason the emails were still being stored in the default /var/qmail/Mailnames directory and have been working there ever since.

Now, when the Plesk Migration of the mailboxes occurred it used the new location, which it appears only contained the emails that were moved there as part of the relocation and hence why the migrated emails were all over a year old.

Back