• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Missing IncomingMailServerIMAPPathPrefix in the mobilconfig file generated by Plesk.

Neotop

New Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

Missing IncomingMailServerIMAPPathPrefix in the mobilconfig file generated by Plesk.

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Version 18.0.58 Update #2

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Plesk generates a QR code, upon request, for the automatic setup of mailboxes on iOS devices. Unfortunately, the correct path to the Inbox directory is missing here (IMAPPathPrefix). It should correctly be 'INBOX' because that's how Plesk sets it up in the mailboxes.

I think it would be correct like this.
<key>IncomingMailServerIMAPPathPrefix</key>
<string>INBOX</string>

In Germany, all folders are in German, and again in English if someone adds the INBOX later, for example, 'send' and 'senden' or 'Inbox' and 'Posteingang'

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Just create a QR code for an email on plesk.

ACTUAL RESULT

<key>IncomingMailServerIMAPPathPrefix</key> is not
Not available

EXPECTED RESULT

<key>IncomingMailServerIMAPPathPrefix</key>
<string>INBOX</string>

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

"The correct path is always INBOX."

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Thank you for your report. I've forwarded it for further analysis as internal ID PPS-15533.

The behavior has been confirmed as a product issue and will be fixed in a future Plesk update. Internal ID PPPM-14298.

It would be nice if the IncomingMailServerIMAPPathPrefix value could also be configured/customized in the panel.ini file too. In case someone runs a non-default Dovecot configuration on their Plesk server and does not use INBOX as the IMAP path prefix.

Topics in which users run a non standard Dovecot config without INBOX as the IMAP path prefix:
Example #1
Example #2
Example #3
Example #4

Any progress on this? I'm about to move a bunch of client mailboxes to my Plesk server, and it would be great if th INBOX prefix is there when I do this...

Aha, thanks!
Is there any good reason to keep the INBOX prefix solution? It has caused some troubles during the years… (I don't know the reason this exists, but I have helped clients with it for at least 10 years)

Aha, thanks!
Is there any good reason to keep the INBOX prefix solution? It has caused some troubles during the years… (I don't know the reason this exists, but I have helped clients with it for at least 10 years)
I believe the INBOX prefix is used for compatibility with Courier (which is used with Qmail). If you've never used Qmail and not planning on using Qmail in the future, it's probably not really necessary to keep the INBOX prefix. However you can also use the compatibility namespace configuration in Dovecot to minimize any issue. There are a couple of topics in the forum about the compatibility namespace configuration that are maybe worth reading. In the this topic I posted a bit more details.

Thanks Kaspar!
I will probably never use Qmail (I actually learned Qmail in the mid '90s on a server class I attended – don't remember a thing ), and I don't see the need to be backward compatible in this case.
So if I read you correctly I need to follow your instructions in this post?
ie, create the 99-cust-namespace.conf file, containing the code in the post. Am I right?

What will happen with the mail accounts that are already set up on the server and the clients?

So if I read you correctly I need to follow your instructions in this post?
ie, create the 99-cust-namespace.conf file, containing the code in the post. Am I right?
Yes, and restart Dovecot afterwards. But only if you are comfortable do so. (If not, the next Plesk update is scheduled to be released within a few days. So if you might want to wait and see if this bug with iOS is fixed in the next release. Saves you the trouble of changing the Dovecot config).

What will happen with the mail accounts that are already set up on the server and the clients?
Nothing. They *should* continue to function without any issues. Having said that, I do want to point out that it's been a while (couple of years) since if changed my Dovecot configuration. For me everting continued to work without issues. (As it should). But you might want to run to tests first. I can't grantee anything. Proceed at your own risk ;)

Back