• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

missing LSB tags and overrides

elemental.tm

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have just created a new VPS (VPS.net) Debian 6.0 and a clean install of Plesk 10.3 but I have the following errors:

update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
insserv: warning: script 'K01psa-vpn' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'K01psa-firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'psa-vpn' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'psa-firewall-forward' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'psa-firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
What is causing the errors and how do I fix?

Thanks in advance, e.tm

As I see it is not errors but warnings. Looks like it is problems of dpkg with handling initscripts. Does it affect something?

Hi IgorG,

From what I can gather and with my limited understanding of Linux I think this is a bug with the psa scripts or auto installer. Please see http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot

I have checked out my other cloud VPS and it has exactly the same problem. It was built recently at a different webhost (@rackspace cloud) from a separate image etc. and has the same errors. I believe the errors are warnings and do not stop the scripts from installing or working but it is a bug that should be fixed by parallels none-the-less.

e.tm

Last edited:
Details of issue

Fill in this form... what form? anyhow details as requested:

Debian 6.0.2 64-Bit Xen VPS @VPS.net
OS Linux 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64
Panel version 10.3.0

PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3
Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
MySQL 5.1.49

Errors appear when installing additional Plesk Modules e.g. pas-vpn using apt-get etc...

I hope this is all you require, as I mentioned previously I am out of my depth here.
I can provide root access upon request if required.

Status update req.

IgorG can you let me know if you have read this and the status of issue with developers please ASAP.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Please fill mentioned form like this, for example - http://forum.parallels.com/showpost.php?p=441863&postcount=1

@IgorG with the greatist respect im seriously frustrated now, why you have quoted this link again is beyond me as it bares no relevance to the issue I am experiencing! It is NOT a "form", perhaps you meant to say "template"? I have no idea of what the "ACTUAL RESULT" or "EXPECTED RESULT" may be, that post is talking about "custom buttons".

I have already given you ALL the information I have earlier in the thread. Are you actually going to help me or waste more of my time? I'm trying to report a potential bug with YOUR product and your making me jump through hoops for the privilege!

I asked a simple question, has this issue now been forwarded to the developers? I can only assume it has not! :(

Hmm.. I didn't think what filling this simple template is so difficult... We have certain requirements from developers to created requests. Who if not you can describe your problem with all necessary details and important information? If it will be done by me on the basis of poor information which you give me at forum's thread many important details can be lost. Therefore I always ask you to fill this form or template independently. A lot of people at forum did it many times and they didn't have any problems with it.
Please, try to make it once again. This in your interests.
Thank you for understanding and cooperation.

bug: missing LSB tags and overrides

IgorG, I don't want to lock horns with you but now your being disrespectful, of course filling out the template is not difficult if you refer to correctly without causing any ambiguity.

Perhaps I am being a bit harsh and I should apologise to you, I assume English is not your native language. The point I was trying to make was that I had nothing else to add to the information I had already provided to you. Simply put this was a case of taking that information and reformatting it. Which you could of done just as easily as me.

Honestly after a long day and as a customer trying to help YOU/Parallels with a potential bug in your software, I felt you were not making it easy for me.

Anyhow if we can move forward, I do understand the requirement of the developers to receive bug reports in a structured format. Please advise if you deem the following info suitable for escalating to your dev's (there is no additional information but it is in the correct format). If more information is required then you are going to have to tell me how to acquire it. Otherwise my offer still stands of providing root access.

--------------------------------------------------------------
SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS
Debian 6.0.2 64-Bit Xen VPS @VPS.net
OS Linux 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64
Plesk Panel version 10.3.0

PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3
Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
MySQL 5.1.49

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Errors appear when installing or removing the "Additional Plesk Modules" e.g. pas-vpn using apt-get etc... from the command line.

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT
Zero errors!

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
New VPS (VPS.net) Debian 6.0.2 created from VPS.net/OnaApp image and a clean install of Plesk 10.3.0

From what I can gather and with my limited understanding of Linux I think this is a bug with the psa scripts or auto installer. Please see http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScript...dencyBasedBoot

I have checked out my other cloud VPS and it has exactly the same problem. It was built recently at a different web host (@rackspace cloud) from a separate image etc. and has the same errors. I believe the errors are warnings and do not stop the scripts from installing or working but it is a bug that should be fixed by parallels none-the-less.

Thank you for report. I have forwarded it to developers. Let's wait their answer.
I will update this thread with results as soon as I receive it.

Same issue here - But i found the solution - Just dont know how to fix it "correct"!

I Quote: "All init.d scripts are expected to have a LSB style header documenting
dependencies and default runlevel settings. The header look like this
(not all fields are required):"

Found that in the:

/etc/init.d/README

Here is an example:

/etc/init.d/skeleton

Dear all,

i have the same issue. The problem is that the LSb Header are NOT Debain conform and cause an issue.
The problem is after some installations dpkg gets an error and you can't install any packets on your system properly.

About the error message is this a issue by the PSA Scripts only!

insserv: warning: script 'K02drwebd' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'K02psa-firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'kavehost' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: warning: script 'drwebd' missing LSB tags and overrides
insserv: There is a loop between service munin-node and kavehost if stopped
insserv: loop involving service kavehost at depth 2
insserv: loop involving service munin-node at depth 1
insserv: Stopping kavehost depends on munin-node and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: Stopping psa-firewall-forward depends on munin-node and therefore on system facility `$all' which can not be true!
insserv: exiting now without changing boot order!

So a read already some information so fix that and to write a conformed header in every script but you have to set the Start values like:
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: vpnagentd_init
# Required-Start: $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop: $remote_fs $syslog
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: Start Cisco vpn agent daemon at boot time
# Description: Cisco vpn agent daemon (believe installed by company ssl client)
### END INIT INFO
but i have no clou what i have to set at default-Start and Default-Stop also for required-start/stop. All this informations are missing in the psa init scripts.

If someone have this fixed could i get the header informations to fix it from my end or will this be fixed by Paralles because this a clearly PSA issue.

This is very important because after some time is gone you can't upgrade your system with security updates!

Thanks in advanced.

Cheech

Dear all,

so i tried something and it works for me.

I added to all files with warning an LSB header but i leave all information i didn't know emty and it works now fine:
Example:
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: Plesk Firewall
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Should-Start:
# Should-Stop:
# X-Start-Before:
# X-Stop-After:
# Default-Start:
# Default-Stop:
# X-Interactive: true
# Short-Description: Plesk Firewall (IP forwarding)
# Description:
### END INIT INFO

You have only to change the " Provides:" With the name of the Service and the Description, thats all.

And @ Paralles please inform your developers to do their job.

regards
Cheech

Bug is already submitted and I hope that fix will be included to the one of nearest Plesk update.

This issue is still unfixed!

PLESK , 10.4.4, Debian 6.0.5, amd64

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
When running apt-get update || apt-get upgrade, error messages are printed.
Most of these messages are related to the plesk scripts in /etc/init.d

ACTUAL RESULT
error: Unable to migrate to dependency based boot sequencing.
error: Problems detected:
insserv: warning: script 'K20psa-vpn' missing LSB tags and overrides,
insserv: warning: script 'K20psa-firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides,
insserv: warning: script 'K20drwebd' missing LSB tags and overrides,
insserv: warning: script 'psa-firewall' missing LSB tags and overrides,
insserv: warning: script 'kavehost' missing LSB tags and overrides,
insserv: warning: script 'psa-firewall-forward' missing LSB tags and overrides,
insserv: warning: script 'drwebd' missing LSB tags and overrides,
insserv: script spamassassin.real: service spamassassin already provided!,
insserv: warning: script 'psa-vpn' missing LSB tags and overrides,
, package avahi-daemon removed but not purged,
package tomcat5.5 removed but not purged

See http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot for
more information about dependency based boot sequencing. To
reattempt the migration process run 'dpkg-reconfigure sysv-rc'.

EXPECTED RESULT
No errors.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
I don't want to edit the scripts myself, because this would'nt be update-safe, would it?

It is a warning only. There isn't a LSB header in initial scripts for drweb, psa-vpn, psa-firewall. Just ignore it.

Back