• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Missing Rsync option at migration manager

WimPlesk

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I want to migrate a Plesk 9 tot a Plesk 11.5 server.
The new server runs CentOs 6.5, but everyone talks about a checkbox with Rsync option
and I also see this at pictures at the internet. But in my Plesk panel this option is missing.
I search a lot on the internet and at this forum but I can only find topics how to disabled this, but not how to enable.

Do you guys know where my Rsync checkbox is?

Best regards,

Wim

Since Plesk 11.5 rsync used for migration by default. No need to specifically enable it.

Since Plesk 11.5 rsync used for migration by default. No need to specifically enable it.

Hi Igor,

But when I don't use the option "replace existing objects" then files are the same
and it doesn't sync right.

Can you explain this?

If it only uses rsync now, why, whey I try to migrate a site that is 45 GB, does it error out and tell me insufficient disk space to store temporary files, required, 45736 MB? Why would it need to store 45 GB of temporary files if it's using rsync and putting them right where they should end up?

If it only uses rsync now, why, whey I try to migrate a site that is 45 GB, does it error out and tell me insufficient disk space to store temporary files, required, 45736 MB? Why would it need to store 45 GB of temporary files if it's using rsync and putting them right where they should end up?

I have discussed it with developers. It looks like it is bug in transfer pre-checker but not in PMM. There is incorrect calculation of required disk space. Developers will sort it out.

Back