• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mixed 2-3-4 SB accounts

B

bartje3

Hi,

I've started once with SB 2.x where the user accounts where not manageable from Plesk.
Since 3.x the integrations began, but I'm still dealing with plenty accounts which I cannot move to a proper plesk-accessible account.
Now we have SB 4.1 with (full) integration, again I have to create new accounts, and I'm still sitting on my old accounts from 2.x and 3.x which are now "lost" from within Plesk. When does a "site-to-user switch" will be available ? I have tried several times to change the ownerships of sites, but always ended with a broken database and much errors. Why is SB database so unlogical ? Too much dependencies, ids, parent, site_id, module_id ...
Why don't depend everything to 1 ID (which can be easily changed) ? The Plesk database is much better organised (innoDB-like), more rows but less records per row -> less dependencies if you change a value.
This way I could create new accounts from Plesk and put an existing site on it.
After upgrading Plesk and SB, Plesk didn't import the sb_database, a restore from sb_backup_file also interupted and failed, caused by a site which was in the backup, but had no owner. I 've restored it manual by replacing the database and sites. (By the way: some tables structures have changed in 4.1). Every update on SB is like a nightmare, my customers don't like this business.

Now that SB is "integrated" into Plesk, new errors will happen. I only think on plesk migrations to other servers, client migration of domains, plesk_backups aso...

Greetings,

Bart

Back