• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mod_pagespeed

Hi, adamjimenez.
Thanks for your idea, we are thinking about possible options in this area for next Plesk releases.
Alexey, would you consider adding the nginx module as well for those of us who like to serve php files via nginx and perhaps a similar on/off toggle of modules for nginx too?

KonstantinosS,
Sure, we also will consider to add Nginx version.

Now we have mixed feelings.
On the one hand, default Pagespeed filters will not satisfy customers. On the another hand, Pagespeed filters seems as a complex feature for customers, like this one:

"inline_preview_images (default=No) Serves low quality images, which are replaced with high resolution images after onload."

there is no known ETA yet

KonstantinosS,
Sure, we also will consider to add Nginx version.

Now we have mixed feelings.
On the one hand, default Pagespeed filters will not satisfy customers. On the another hand, Pagespeed filters seems as a complex feature for customers, like this one:

"inline_preview_images (default=No) Serves low quality images, which are replaced with high resolution images after onload."

there is no known ETA yet
Hello Alexey,

I can understand your concerns, especially when it comes to having inexperienced people tampering with nginx or apache configurations without knowing what they're doing. I for once am not experienced with any mail server configuration or changes, so I can definitely see your points. In fact, I can rarely understand them, as I always assume that they just work. (probably due to the fact that I've never had to configure one from scratch, like I did with apache more than a few times in the past) However, given the fact that nginx is gaining popularity among the users, and it has proven to be stable (wordpress.com, youtube and other major sites already use it), I would imagine that when the time arises for such a configuration to be given, a proper manual will be written so that we can all benefit from the added usefulness.

On that note, would you consider adding sometime in the future a MySQL related configuration tool, either on a server-wide basis, or on a site basis, as it would allow further tweaking of MySQL. Of course, I can understand that this is a daunting task, especially for users who have not done it in the past, however, I'm pretty sure that given the right advice and tools (for instance a tool that measures if you need any optimization and what you need to optimize in your MySQL to work properly and fastly) it would provide advanced users the added functionality they need, especially when Plesk used to be bitchy about such changes. I still remember my increasing a few settings on my.cnf back in plesk 9 and all hell breaking loose. I would hate to have something done here, so I believe that something like that could be of some assistance, especially to those people who use Plesk for various projects, that require either little database queries or are heavily loaded with them (ie. forums).

I have using mod_pagespeed on our servers and is running well on servers where you have 1 big site.
If you have more then one, then is hard to tweak it and we are working to find out how to configure per vhost.conf to be for each sites own settings.
If we succeed, we will get back to the forum .

Yeah, we know now about it, when we tested initially it wasn't this feature in the module.

Back