• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mod_Security Error Response body too large

BWMC

New Pleskian
Hello,

I use Plesk on Ubuntu and installed Mod_Security with Comodo ModSecurity subscription.

I also set "Predefined Set Of Values" to THOROUGH.

For large pages it returns an Error 500 page.

The mod_security log file says:
Message: Output filter: Response body too large (over limit of 524288, total not specified).

How can I increase the limit?

I tried to add a vhost.conf file but it seems to be ignored. I'm not knowledgeable enough to fully understand this whole issue.

My current workaround is to set from THOROUGH to TRADEOFF.

Thanks for your help! :)

To fix the issue, try to add the following lines in Domains >domain.com > Apache & nginx Settings > Additional directives for HTTP:

<IfModule mod_security2.c>
SecResponseBodyLimit 546870912
</IfModule>

And pressed apply.

To fix the issue, try to add the following lines in Domains >domain.com > Apache & nginx Settings > Additional directives for HTTP:

</IfModule>

And pressed apply.
This was my issue as well and this fixed it. Is there a Plesk tutorial on this?

</IfModule>

And pressed apply.
Thanks Igor! this worked for me.

</IfModule>

And pressed apply.
Hello you!
I have a question!
Is it possible to make this for the whole reseller?
I've made it at 2 domains for a customer.
But we think it could happen on more domains.
I hope you have a reseller-wide solution!
Thank you for reading. Thank you more for answer! :)
Goodfred

</IfModule>

And pressed apply.
Thank you so much

IgorG

Hi, I am expereincing a similar problem, but I only get the error when I am logged into WordPress, when not logged in it works fine. I'm guessing that this is something to do with a plug in, but wondered if anyone had any ideas. Thanks

Back