• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question ModSecurity documentation and notices

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
1. Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity)
Here for "Comodo"
This rule set is shipped for free. To enable this rule set in Plesk, register on the Comodo site and provide your username and password from this site.
In plesk obsidian there is no formular for username and password from comodo. Is this text outdated or somthing missing in plesk?

2. In Plesk settings for ModSecurity
Atomic Standard (free, can be upgraded to Atomic Advanced)
A starter version of ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp. They provide basic protection and are updated on a monthly basis.
When this is updated on a monthly basis, why I get every day a notice in plesk gui that rules are updated?
Web Application Firewall (ModSecurity)
Web Application Firewall: a new rule or rule set has been installed
I know there is a setting for "Update rule sets" which is set as "daily".
Maybe you should compare a hash(file) of the previous rules with the new ones and only inform if there are real new rules? Currently the message is completely meaningless, because apparently rules and probably even the same rules are downloaded every day. Since this is not a real change to the previous rules, the message is useless?

3. In Plesk settings for ModSecurity a datetime object of the currently rules would be nice. I do not mean when it was downloaded, but the update date (version number) of the rules from the source.

UPDATE:

I registered in Atomic und Comodo and can say that:
Comodo latest version is 1.231 with date 2020-07-23 19:46:01
Atomic lastest file is modsec-202007310809.tar.bz2 with date Jul 31 2020 08:10:01

I would like to see this in modsecurity settings too.

Last edited:
Back