• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ModSecurity issue with Atomic rule-set and aum

Phobos_Gekko

New Pleskian
Hello! This is my first time posting here and I have not posted in any forums for several years, so please be easy on me :) I have an issue with ModSecurity on Plesk '12.0.18 Update #31' and its update manager, aum. I installed Plesk only a week and a half back and I assume with Revision #30, all was working okay, as there were no errors until logging in this morning. You may see the issue and configuration in the attachments to this thread.

I searched around for solutions on Google and after learning some new commands, discovered that there were updates awaiting download with, 'aum -ck'. An upgrade failed so I then tried, 'aum configure', which also failed. The exact error was: "Fatal error: Cannot break 1 level in src/core/AUM.php on line 59". This can also be seen in the screenshots below. I tried to do a re-installation using: "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --remove-component modsecurity". I also tried using the web-interface but there were too many dependencies. Both attempts failed.

I would deeply appreciate any assistance with this matter, thank you. Sorry for the long-winded post too but as I said, I'm not used to forums.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-01-21 05.41.16.png
    Screenshot 2015-01-21 05.41.16.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2015-01-21 05.29.19.png
    Screenshot 2015-01-21 05.29.19.png
    264.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2015-01-21 05.35.16.png
    Screenshot 2015-01-21 05.35.16.png
    412 KB · Views: 10
What sort of output of following command:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -f UpdateModSecurityRuleSet

IgorG, there is no output so I assume all is working well again? Plus when I logged into Plesk a few hours ago, the error had seemingly disappeared. Thank you for the assistance! :)

Okay, there is still an issue with this. I decided to check to see if any updates were applied and none had been, as can be seen in the attachment. I used 'aum -ck' to confirm there were updates before trying 'aum upgrade' which failed. It also continues to not be possible to reconfigure aum either.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-01-22 08.39.25.png
    Screenshot 2015-01-22 08.39.25.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 8
Hello!, I have the same problem:

PLESK Version 12.0.18 Update #33 running on Ubuntu 12.04.5

Code:
$ /var/asl/bin/aum -c

Fatal error: Cannot break 1 level in src/core/AUM.php on line 59

I deinstalled and reinstalled ModSecurity with Plesk GUI > same problem..
The output of IgorGs command returns nothing, straight back to the shell

running "$ /var/asl/bin/aum" itself surfaces this error:
Code:
2 9901 ASLCommon::cmd_exec  ERROR: '(60) /usr/bin/curl -A "Atomic Upda
  ter Modified (4.0)" -s -f --data "member=p
  lesk_global_unpaid&license=&product=asl-4.
  0-plesk-unpaid&from_web=1&system_type=webs
  erver&act=1" https://www.atomicorp.com/pgu
  i_v/rpc4.0.php -- '
2 9998 ASLValidate::_send_request  validation error: 60
2 9999 ASLValidate::validate_asl  Bad data from request

which is also the one modsecurity_get_tortix_ruleset.py returns in the GUI..

Thanks for any hints, i'm lost, ModSequirity with OWASP is running fine

Is there, maybe, another way to get the member=plesk_global_unpaid ruleset? and to add it manually?

Last edited:
Stephan_Deglow, I solved one part of the issue by editing /etc/asl/configure in a text-editor and adding my authentication details for AtomiCorp manually. I now get the following errors in the attachment.

Attachments

• Error.txt
    88 KB · Views: 9
Back