• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Modules that are both installed and not installed at the same time

Z

zymsys

I seem to have a number of modules which Plesk thinks are installed and not installed at the same time. For example:

[root@vw mail]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modulemng --install --file=psa-spamassassin-7.5.0-fc1.build75041208.19.i586.rpm
psa-spamassassin-7.5.0-fc1.build75041208.19
package psa-spamassassin-7.5.0-fc1.build75041208.19 is already installed
modulemng: error: Installing failed
modulemng: error: Installing failed
[root@vw mail]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modulemng --remove --module=psa-spamassassin-7.5.0-fc1.build75041208.19.i586.rpm
package psa-spamassassin-7.5.0-fc1.build75041208.19.i586.rpm is not installed
[root@vw mail]#

When I installed Plesk I had problems with MySQL and had to remove it and all of its data files before Plesk would install. I'm guessing that one of these failed installation attempts left something in a confused state.

Has anyone else run into anything like this?

Sometimes explaining the problem solves it! When I was redirected back to my post and I looked at the BOLD module names the answer jumped off the page.

[root@vw mail]# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/modulemng --remove --module=psa-spamassassin-7.5.0-fc1.build75041208.19
psa-spamassassin-7.5.0-fc1.build75041208.19
===> Reading /etc/psa/psa.conf ...

I had to remove the extra junk from the end of the module name. Sorry to bother you! Maybe this post will help someone else who runs into this.

I've gotta break the habit of replying to my own thread!

In the control panel, under module management it still shows no modules installed even after the command line tool reported success. I'm unable to enable spam checking. I'm having the same problem with Application Vault.

Any ideas?

I have this exact same problem. Have you had any luck?

Sorry, I know I got it all worked out, but I can't for the life of me remember how.

Back