• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Monit - where to configure. Watchdog?

Jllynch

Regular Pleskian
Is Monit still a thing or is it replaced with Grafana? The documents talk about going to the Watchdog extension but I can't find that - I thought it was deprecated. Where do we configure it?

The reason for asking is that our messages log is fill of these messages as we changed the partition names. How do we tell Monit?

Jul 24 01:50:25 ip- monit: 'dev/xvda1' device doesn't exist
Jul 24 01:50:25 ip- monit: 'dev/xvda1' trying to restart

(We are running Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.28 Update #3)

Hi Jllynch,

Is Monit still a thing or is it replaced with Grafana? The documents talk about going to the Watchdog extension but I can't find that - I thought it was deprecated. Where do we configure it?
  • Watchdog is an old Plesk component and it is still available in Plesk Obsidian; you can install/remove it via the Plesk Installer tool, e.g. "Plesk > Tools & Settings > Plesk > Updates", then "Add/Remove components > Plesk extensions > Watchdog system monitoring".
  • If you want to configure it, it is available in "Plesk > Extensions > My Extensions".

Hi Jllynch,

• Watchdog is an old Plesk component and it is still available in Plesk Obsidian; you can install/remove it via the Plesk Installer tool, e.g. "Plesk > Tools & Settings > Plesk > Updates", then "Add/Remove components > Plesk extensions > Watchdog system monitoring".
  • If you want to configure it, it is available in "Plesk > Extensions > My Extensions".
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.32
Watchdog can no longer be found here - Add/Remove components > Plesk extensions
Why is Watchdog ”old“? What is it replaced by?

Last edited:
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.32
Watchdog can no longer be found here - Add/Remove components > Plesk extensions
Why is Watchdog ”old“? What is it replaced by?
Same here, any option to come back Watchdog? The most interesting thing about Watchdog is the capability of restart/start process in someone goes away.

Thanks

Also wanting to know this. Installed a fresh Plesk Version 18.0.32 Update #2 on a fresh Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.
Watchdog is nowhere to be found, not in extensions, not in Plesk Components and also not able to install it through plesk-cli.
Is watchdog still available Ubuntu ^20.04?

I just installed latest Plesk on Debian and was given the option to install Watchdog
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.37

Is there, or was there a gui to watchdog? Where is it administered?

Back