• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mono / mod_mono

dcollis

New Pleskian
Can I suggest including Mono & mod_mono as an update within Plesk with the ability to assign a virtual host as one handled by Mono.

I have managed to get Mono working on my CentOS5 server and have described my solution here (with appropriate links): http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=564032

The final part I haven't been able to work out is how to get the virtual host vhost.conf to work so that my config won't be overwritten by a Plesk update (I've been putting my config in the conf/####.####_include.httpd file which Plesk warns against doing).

Anyway, since I managed to do this with Yum and a bit of fiddling with config, I thought that this might be a good time to integrate this with Plesk as I wouldn't have thought it would be a difficult thing for you to provide.

My server - which I manage nearly completely with Plesk, now supports MVC1,2,3, ASP.NET and WCF (mostly). Which is pretty cool. I just wish I had been able to do it through Plesk and continue to manage it this way.
I would think that supporting such a thing would be quite a good advert for your software with the popularity of MVC3 currently.

2 Years ago we had Plesk 9.* and that ASP was supported per vhost ..Infact if you google, it dates back to Plesk 8.* (Though I can't confirm if they were using mono)

2 Years ago we had Plesk 9.* and that ASP was supported per vhost ..Infact if you google, it dates back to Plesk 8.* (Though I can't confirm if they were using mono)

If you say so... Perhaps on windows version only?
Anyway, at the time when I Googled and asked for help on the plesk forums there was nothing. The options that are in plesk now certainly weren't available to me in the version I had back then.
In fact if you Google for 'plesk 9 mono' you'll find my post explaining how I got it working is the top hit...

Not that this actually matters anymore :)

Back