• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

More errors with previous existing accounts

S

SupermanInNY

Hello,

How can I have a clean slate account.. forget about all previous data:
I had only 3 accounts on the server, but now, after I upgraded, they don't seen to pull up, they don't want to be recreated, you name it.

When attempting to create those accounts, I get the following error:

[JavaScript Application]

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain sevie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: Run-Time error: MEAOPO.PostOffcie.AddPostOffcie failed

I don't mind having a fresh clean slate.. as I only have 3 accounts, but how do I go about doing this?

-Alon.

Check whether you already have MailEnable postoffice with the name same to your new domain. Lets assume that it is called "newdomainname". %MailEnable_path% is path to mailenable root folder (it is environment variable, by default its value is "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MailEnable").
To check, do the next:
1. Check whether folder %MailEnable_path%\Postoffices\newdomainname exists.
2. Check whether folder %MailEnable_path%\Config \Postoffices\newdomainname exists.
3. Look inside the file %MailEnable_path%\Config\postoffice.tab. Search for line containing name of your domain newdomainname.
If at least one of points is true, you can make one of two procedures. If you don't care about existing emails in postoffice (if any exists) and agree to loose them, do the steps begining with letter 'D'. If you want to not loose emails and some settings, do the steps begining with letter 'R'.

Delete postoffice:
D4. Open MailEnable management console applet. Start->Programs-> Mail Enable -> MailEnable Administrator.
D5. Open Postofficess tree item, if you see postoffice named newdomainname, delete it. Else do steps R4-R10 but not backup folders and files. Delete them instead of relocating.

Delete postoffice and then Restore it:
R4. stop all MailEnable services and do the next.
R5. If point 1 is true, move folder %MailEnable_path%\Postoffices\newdomainname to some other location. Do not delete it.
R6. If point 2 is true, move %MailEnable_path%\Config \Postoffices\newdomainname to some other location. Do not delete it, if you want to .
R7. If point 3 is true, backup file %MailEnable_path%\Config\postoffice.tab to some other location and delete the line from %MailEnable_path%\Config\postoffice.tab
R8. Start all MailEnable services.

R9. Try to create domain again.
R10. If you need to restore emails from backup folders, do it manually.

I did it on my test configuration and it works.

Best regards.

Thanks,

However, since this was a pressing issue for my customers,. I had to discard Plesk 7 upgrade, go through an OS re-install and now I'm back into 6.5.2 till this is no longer an issue.

-Alon.

Back