• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

More problems than i can handle

T

Toepes

After updating Plesk and new installing Plesk this is what I get.

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Mailenable crashes every now and than, or even worse mail is not delivered and is somewhere on the server ?????? After a reboot (restarting the services doesn't work strange enough)

After updating from 7.5.6 to 7.6 some PHP scripts gives the error:
502 Bad Gateway
Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

3 Websites on the server use the same PHP script. After updating Plesk it still works on 2, the other one gives CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

This is I think only a part of the problems on the working server after updating Plesk. Who knows what else might be wrong as not everything is tested or reported by customers.

Now the second part of problems with Plesk.

I installed a new server with Windows 2003 server Standard. This part works fine. Now the next step is installing Plesk.
To improve performance it is adviced to use MSSQL for Plesk instead of MySQL. This is done (as advised).

Installation is oke, so the next step is restore a backup of plesk from the online server.
Here is where is goes wrong. After restoring (and it doesn’t matter 1 or all domains) I get an error that the password for MSSQL is wrong.

When checking the MSSQL database for this password it shows the correct one.

I am realy desperate as my working server is messed up after the update and the new server (which is not at the datacentre but running a home so it can be installed) will not get good at all.

When i read this forum i see many problems as mentioned above, didn't anyone find a solution for any of the problems mentioned ?

well, the cgi/php errors have all been typically due to either security permission changes in the new version or a php bug that is resolved by downloading and overwriting the php directory with the next minor version of php. there are now other forum posts on these issues with resolutions. Why these aren't being compiled or officially commented on by SWsoft is beyond me, much less releasing an interim release fixing the ton of problems that came along with 6.1. I get the impression that they are in denial about the serious of the problems but who knows as they've pretty much gone silent.

In regards to the SQL Server password issue, this is because of restoring a previous plesk backup that didn't use sql server at the time of the backup. There is now a post on this topic as well. Obviously since they've added SQL Server support the restore utility should check to insure whether it's using sql server or mysql and setup the server appropriately for that restore but........

If you have trouble finding any of the posts referencing these issues let me know and I'll do some searches for you.

-matt

Back