• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Move plesk to another server

O

oscargarcia

Hi,

I'm trying to move Plesk 7.5.3 in a FC1 box to another server with RHEL4. I have 1.000 domains aprox.

I'm thinking about going the backup/restore way with Plesk utilities. Am I right?

On the other hand, I would also like to know If I'll have an issue with the licenses, IP's and hostname I have in the old machine, as they will be different.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PD: I'm going to upgrade to 7.5.4 beforehand.

It should work fine if you follow the manual carefully. Upgrading to 7.5.4 first is a good idea. IP's you can change easy using an ipmap template. A Plesk license can only be installed on 1 IP at any particular time, so either disable the old server immediately afterwards, or get a temporary license from sales to ensure your license isn't disabled. You may find that 1000 domains takes a long time to transfer, depending on the specifications of both servers and the amount of data ... so ensure you get it right first time if time and uptime is important to you.

Back