• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving content of one domain to another (domain, not client)

E

ElricM

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've looked several ways using search and I can't seem to find the answer.

I have a domain on a hosted account, say mydomain.com and just recently added a dedicated server and Plesk. To test things out and make sure everything is working, I loaded everything on the dedicated server into mydomain.net (as I have both the .com and .net registered). Now in Plesk, I'd like to create mydomain.com on the new server for the same client account and move the contents of mydomain.net to mydomain.com and then switch the DNS for mydomain.com from the hosted account to the new server.

I could have sworn I saw the answer to this in the forum here, but I can't find it now. Can someone tell me how to do this? Worse come to worse I can just re-publish the site but since everything's there, it sure would be nice to simply move it. The web does use some FrontPage authoring and has a MySQL database. Since I don't know how much Plesk knows internally about each domain, I figured I'd ask before simply copying files and directories. The client account would end up with both mydomain.com and mydomain.net but the contents would differ (when I was done).

Thanks

If your domain is hosted on another Plesk server you may try Plesk Migration Manager or Backup Utilites. Otherwise you have to manually transfer content :(

Back