• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving everything to a new server. New license needed?

Shazan

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I am going to move everything from an old server to a new one.
Am I required to buy a new Plesk license or there is a "grace period" when you can use the same key on 2 servers (eg. one week)?

Does someone know the correct procedure?

Many thanks

If both servers have the same Plesk version, you should email Plesk sales for a temporary key for the new server, otherwise you would be in violation of their licensing terms.

During migrations, I have run multiple servers using the same license. Same with building test servers for deployment pre-migration. But I usally only have them both up for a week at most while they're migrating before the old server is shutdown. SW-Soft hasn't said anything yet.

And given the problems they've already given us just trying to get someone there to answer so we can renew licenses (and still they renew the wrong ones), I doubt they watch them too closely, let alone answer in time to give me a test license (which they haven't in the past).. I don't really see this as violating my license, just that I have no other option. *shurgs*

Back