• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Moving everything to a new server. New license needed?

Shazan

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I am going to move everything from an old server to a new one.
Am I required to buy a new Plesk license or there is a "grace period" when you can use the same key on 2 servers (eg. one week)?

Does someone know the correct procedure?

Many thanks
 
If both servers have the same Plesk version, you should email Plesk sales for a temporary key for the new server, otherwise you would be in violation of their licensing terms.
 
During migrations, I have run multiple servers using the same license. Same with building test servers for deployment pre-migration. But I usally only have them both up for a week at most while they're migrating before the old server is shutdown. SW-Soft hasn't said anything yet.

And given the problems they've already given us just trying to get someone there to answer so we can renew licenses (and still they renew the wrong ones), I doubt they watch them too closely, let alone answer in time to give me a test license (which they haven't in the past).. I don't really see this as violating my license, just that I have no other option. *shurgs*
 
Back
Top