• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving license from Plesk 10 to 11

manipogo

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am migrating from a Debian 5 server with Plesk 10.4.4 to Debian 7.5 and Plesk 11.5.30

The new server is fully set up with a trial license and the old server is still online. I only need to move the license. I have read (http://kb.parallels.com/en/5406) that the license file can simply be copied to the new server but that using the administrative panel to do this is highly recommended. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this within the panel.

My questions:

1. Is the license file location the same for Plesk 11.5 as for Plesk 10?
2. Are there any restrictions on the key regarding version or source IP? In other words, if I manually copy the license file /etc/sw/keys/keys/keyXXYYZZ from the old server to the new server (and restart plesk) will the key be recognized?
3. Do I need to deactivate the old key in anyway for the new one to become active? I will be decommissioning the old server once the process is complete.

Thanks.

Back