• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

moving mysql (literally)

1-mehmeh

Greetings,

I am attempting to move my MySQL database files, literally. I am not exporting my database to another server. I am moving the files themselves to another location on the same box

I also want to change the path to mysql.sock

Ive moved everything into /mysql and edited /etc/my.cfg accordingly.

Unfortunately, I see two things happening.

1. Despite the fact that I have also changed the path the mysql.sock inside the same /etc/my.cfg, certain items are still attempting to connect via the old socket location, and 2., this is occurring:

Code:
Starting xinetd service...  done
Starting named service...                                            done
Starting mysqld service...                                            done
Starting qmail service...                                             done
Starting courier-imap service...                                      done
Starting postgresql service...                                        not installed
Starting psa-spamassassin service...                               done

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
websrvmng: Unable to connect to Plesk Database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
System error 2: No such file or directory
websrvmng: Unable to connect to Plesk Database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
websrvmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

websrvmng: Unable to connect to the mysql database

My /etc/my.cfg is edited properly, has the right paths, ..the directory that is holding the files is owned by mysql/mysql and has the proper permissions.

Ideas?

actually, Ive tracked down the source of the file error...

An ls-la of /var/lib/mysql shows me that the three innodb files were remade.. and because the horde and spamassasin directories were moved before, the files that would go in there cannot be remade.

It would be immensely helpful to know EXACTLY what file is responsible for the configuration of all things Plesk.

I should have added earlier that I did, in fact, edit /etc/psa/psa/conf and change the MySQL values:

# MySQL
MYSQL_VAR_D /mysql/data
MYSQL_BIN_D /usr/bin

and yet it remade files (in the wrong location)??

How does one change the location of the MySQL database directory, if not through /etc/psa/psa.conf ?

Back