• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving Plesk to the new hardware

C

chopperpl

Hi,
I'm having the following problem. I need to move plesk 8 to the new platform with scsi raid1. My current box run on ide drives. I know it is nearly impossible to image the box with ide and restore to raid, so I tried to do the clean install and restore each domain from the backup file. The problem is my old box run php 4.3 and mysql 4.1.15 on FC3. Plesk installer doesn't run if you have that version of mysql and if I want to update mysql after plesk is installed it just doesn't let me. The rpm will run, but mysql -V still shows old version. I tried restarting service, but it did not work. I have different DB's that are version sensitive. Another problem is with php. The Auto-installer for plesk8 forces php5, which doesn't work with some websites. Does anybody know simple solution to that? Is the manual install the only way to go?

Back