1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Server

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Jayson, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Jayson

Jayson Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hello,

I been tasked with moving our Centos 5.7/Plesk 10.4.4 server to a new facility with new ip addresses. I thought this would be a good time to move to VMware and after some post P2V lvm boot problems things appear to be working nicely. I used reconfigurator.pl to change ip addresses and am ready to bring the VM copy live however I want to make sure I don't lose any changes, new email etc. I have altered the soa ttl in preparation but before cut over I would like to run rsync.

If I shutdown email and prevent any logins can I just run

rsync -avz /var/qmail/mailnames/ root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/var/qmail/mailnames/ to ensure the old (local) and new (remote) mail directories are synced.

I would also sync
    /var/www/vhosts//var/lib/mysql/var/lib/pgsql/usr/local/psa

Anyone know if this will work and if there any other directories I should be getting?

Thank you,