• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MSDE 2005 problems

B

bperfect

If you upgrade from MSDE 2000 to MSDE 2005, and then run plesk reconfigurator or install any other component through add / remove > plesk > change

It stops MSDE 2005, and it will not let it start. According to the logs the permission problems occurred. Logs say the following

FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 5(Access is denied.).

If you give psaserv full permissions it will work but then shall stop if you perform any add / remove of components or run plesk reconfigurator

I hope this shall get resolved soon :)

If you upgrade from MSDE 2000 to MSDE 2005, and then run plesk reconfigurator or install any other component through add / remove > plesk > change

It stops MSDE 2005, and it will not let it start. According to the logs the permission problems occurred. Logs say the following

FCB::Open failed: Could not open file C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Databases\MSSQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\tempdb.mdf for file number 1. OS error: 5(Access is denied.).

If you give psaserv full permissions it will work but then shall stop if you perform any add / remove of components or run plesk reconfigurator

I hope this shall get resolved soon :)

Hello bperfect,

Thank you for the report.
We will investigate this scenario as soon as possible.

And it caused one of my sites to just stop working. A browser trying to view the site would timeout waiting for a response.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for the report.

Please try to do following.
1. go to Plesk > Server > Components Management and click Refresh button after MSDE upgrade
2. launch Reconfigurator again

same problem plesk 9.2.1

hi there

any idea how to fix this ? i have the same problems, all the DB's down and i don't know what else to try.

thanks

Back