• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question MSSQL TCP Problem

Paulo Leite

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I have problem it gives me the following error in MSSQL database server:

"Warning: Unable to determine the TCP port number used by Microsoft SQL server '.\MSSQLSERVER2017': TCP/IP protocol is not enabled in the server network configuration or the server is configured to use dynamic TCP ports. To allow your customers to automatically configure firewall for remote database access, manually configure the SQL server to listen on a specific fixed TCP port."

The firewall rule "MS SQL over TCP protocol" is "Allow connections from Port 1433, profiles: domain, private, public"

I already read KB Article Microsoft SQL Server is shown as disconnected in Plesk: Unable to determine the TCP port number used by Microsoft SQL server, however don't worked. When I change the TCP Port to 1433 and restart SQL service via Plesk, the configuration return to Dynamic Port.

So, I understand that the MSSQL is only allowing dynamic port, but how to change this?

Thanks in advance

Back