• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Multi IP Ptr Problem

mehmetozbakir

New Pleskian
Dear,
I have a new VPS Plesk, My Plesk Panel has 5.189.148.25 (main IP address vmi560092: VPS 700 (server.gizateknoloji.com) also has an additional 2 IP address 109.205.176.251 / 109.205.176.252. ( You can see attachment ptr records contabo.jpg). I have added them to the Plesk panel (attachment IP address plesk.jpg), Now using all domain with the main IP address without ptr record problem, but if I change the IP address as the additional IP address (1.jpg and 2.jpg) then having ptr problem. (3.jpg and 4.jpg) When I was using Cpanel there was no problem like that, If I added a new IP address and changed the domain IP, then it was work without a ptr problem.

Really something wrong but where is it don't know, if anyone knows the solution please share it with me.

Best Regards

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 14
  • ip address plesk.JPG
    ip address plesk.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 15
  • ptr records contabo.JPG
    ptr records contabo.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 18
That seems to be a problem with your contabo settings. According to the image, all IPs have the same domain as PTR, but they should have the domain assigned in Plesk.

That seems to be a problem with your contabo settings. According to the image, all IPs have the same domain as PTR, but they should have the domain assigned in Plesk.
But the all IP should be shared ip address because main mail server assigned as it.

What outgoing mail mode is set in /plesk/server/mail/? "Send from domain IP addresses"?
If so, and you have domains that are not on the shared IP, then the mailserver will use the dedicated IP, whose PTR in that case must point to said domain.
BTW, you also should set a MX pointing to that IP.

Yes, it's selected as " send from domain IP" Then which option I should select it?
Normally on Cpanel as the same options was using it, and if I changed the shared IP address it's works normal because the main mail server has a shared 3 IP address.

What you have now is:
# host -t MX mehmetozbakir.com
mehmetozbakir.com mail is handled by 0 mail.mehmetozbakir.com.
mehmetozbakir.com mail is handled by 10 mail.mehmetozbakir.com.
mail.mehmetozbakir.com has address 109.205.176.252

That means you should set the PTR for 109.205.176.252 to mail.mehmetozbakir.com so that it is the same for both directions, name -> IP and IP -> name.

Or change to "Send from the specified IP addresses" and select the one IP you want to use for all domains.

I guess It wasn't clear on my word, I have 12 domains on my Plesk and I have 3 static IP, So what I want, my main VPS server " server.gizateknoloji.com " and with my 3 static IP address has recorded as PTR " server.gizateknoloji.com ", I would like to use per 1 static IP for per 4 domains. Now 12 domains use 1 static IP and they work fine without PTR problem, How to use other 2 static IP for separate 4 domains each IP address, I guess now is better to understand, So, I didn't have problem with Cpanel with that but now having ptr problem. Best Regards Sir,

Back