• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Multi Server Plesk failover

zihniates

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.56 Update #1
I have a Plesk server in Contabo's data center in Nuremberg. Due to issues in the data center, I want to set up a failover for my Plesk panel. In other words, when the primary Plesk server in the data center stops responding, I want it to continue serving from my secondary Plesk server in another data center.

What I have in mind is to have ns1 and ns2 point to my Plesk server in data center A, and ns3 and ns4 to point to my server in data center B. If access to any of the name servers is lost, I want it to continue serving from the other server.

Is this possible, or is there an easier way to achieve this?

Of course, another question comes to my mind: if I somehow run two Plesk servers in a failover configuration, how can I ensure data synchronization between them? I have no knowledge about this. I would appreciate it if you could consider this while providing your answers.

Thank you!

Back