• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Multi server security on Plesk

Alireza Famili

Basic Pleskian
Hi

I have this scenario and I want to see if there is something I can do to have a more secure implementation.

I have an application. I plan to put the database in a second server and also do replication for HA.

So here I thought I should have at least 3 servers (all VMs) :
1- Server 1: Application + web servers --> This server will have web access
2- Server 2: Master database server (database 1) --> This server has local access to server 1
3- Server 3: Slave database server (database2) --> This server has local access to server 2 (and 1)

Now, first of all, what do you think about this setup?
Second and more Plesk related question is:

I can setup Plesk on S1 and bring up database 1 (s2) under database servers. I can bring database 2 on S3 as well to show up under databases for easy backup and other dbm purposes.
Now with this, have I nullified all my efforts to separate db from web access?

Now, first of all, what do you think about this setup?
I think that this is quite a workable and good configuration, but somewhat redundant in my opinion. Although I do not know your goals, maybe it is the optimal solution for you.

Thank you IgorG

I have installed Plesk on S1 only. I have added S2 and S3 as database servers so it shows in the databases in the subscription. This gives great power and ease of use as the admin can use PMA and use Plesk's backup scheduler.

But since s1 has web access, I think my efforts to separate db from internet is now redundant right? Should I delete the database servers and only connect to my db's from my application?

Back