• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Multicraft Installation Help On Plesk Onyx 17

ZephyrFire

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone I just moved to Plesk from CPanel. I am using OS Ubuntu Server 16.04. I have a minecraft server among others and I have multicraft for the mc domain. Anyone have experience installing the daemon and web panel on a vhost in Plesk. The directory structure is different in Plesk. I did use the command via ssh to move home directories to /home from /var to make it more uniform to what I have been using. I checked all my permissions/ownership. Its set to www-data which is standard. I installed the daemon in the main mydomain.com folder and then put the we panel in the httpdocs folder in its own folder 'multicraft' With all Ive tried to do searching google I either get file not found cexce[topn or forbidden depending on what changes Ive made. I set all permissions to 755 with the owner group www-data:www-data. I have created the mysql database in plesk but when I go to the install script at mydomain.com/multicraft/install.php I get errors and it wont load the script. Thrugh advisor php is upgraded to most recent version. I did try 3 times to contact multicraft support and all they did was tell me to check permissions and move files and change config from Ubuntu Linux default /var/www/html to whatever is the root directory but thats as far as they will help. They just give me a one line explaination so if anyone has experience with plesk and multicraft installation please help. Thanks.

The directory structure is different in Plesk. I did use the command via ssh to move home directories to /home from /var to make it more uniform to what I have been using.
For changing vhosts location in Plesk I'd suggest you use native Plesk transvosts.pl utility:

Code:
# plesk bin transvhosts.pl --help
You should specify destination directory.
Utility to transfer vhosts content from HTTPD_VHOSTS_D directory to new place.

Usage:
        --dest-dir   <path>  Destination path. Path to new vhosts directory.
                             Example: /path/to/new/vhosts.
                             If directory does not exist it will be created.

--correct-scripts    Changes user scripts.
                             Old vhost path is replaced to new path in content of all files.

For changing vhosts location in Plesk I'd suggest you use native Plesk transvosts.pl utility:

Code:
# plesk bin transvhosts.pl --help
You should specify destination directory.
Utility to transfer vhosts content from HTTPD_VHOSTS_D directory to new place.

Usage:
        --dest-dir   <path>  Destination path. Path to new vhosts directory.
                             Example: /path/to/new/vhosts.
                             If directory does not exist it will be created.

--correct-scripts    Changes user scripts.

Old vhost path is replaced to new path in content of all files.
Yes in my post that is what I meant ... I did use that to move my vhosts. What I need help with is actually installing Multicraft daemon and web panel within the Plesk file strucure whereas '/home' is the new path. Thanks.

Hi Everyone I just moved to Plesk from CPanel. I am using OS Ubuntu Server 16.04. I have a minecraft server among others and I have multicraft for the mc domain. Anyone have experience installing the daemon and web panel on a vhost in Plesk. The directory structure is different in Plesk. I did use the command via ssh to move home directories to /home from /var to make it more uniform to what I have been using. I checked all my permissions/ownership. Its set to www-data which is standard. I installed the daemon in the main mydomain.com folder and then put the we panel in the httpdocs folder in its own folder 'multicraft' With all Ive tried to do searching google I either get file not found cexce[topn or forbidden depending on what changes Ive made. I set all permissions to 755 with the owner group www-data:www-data. I have created the mysql database in plesk but when I go to the install script at mydomain.com/multicraft/install.php I get errors and it wont load the script. Thrugh advisor php is upgraded to most recent version. I did try 3 times to contact multicraft support and all they did was tell me to check permissions and move files and change config from Ubuntu Linux default /var/www/html to whatever is the root directory but thats as far as they will help. They just give me a one line explaination so if anyone has experience with plesk and multicraft installation please help. Thanks.
I tried to install many servers from different services, but I always had problems. Then either you are doing something wrong, or the problem is directly in the service you are using. Some time ago I bought a server for myself and configured it, as a result of some kind of server error, my operating system crashed and after that I very carefully choose services for servers. And recently I came across https://ggservers.com , they have excellent servers and have no problems with settings, and I can finally play and have fun with friends .

Back