• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Multiple instances of .wp-toolkit when smart update is activated

Pursuit

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.9 (Ootpa)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.60_build1800240421.18
Hi,

I am unsure whether this has been mentioned before in a thread so I apologise in advance if this is the case, I was not able to find the thread or a solution to the issue I am having.

On our VPS we have multiple Wordpress websites for which we use Smart Updates (around 20).

However, we see a - seemingly random - increase in disk size for some of the websites. I say random because sometimes it happens to one website and we manually fix it, after which the issue occurs to a different website - in no specific order.

The issue I am talking about is that there are multiple instances being created of the .wp-toolkit directory, and these directory names all end with a different name, see below:
1715860900923.png

and also

1715860912315.png

As mentioned, this severely increases the disk space of these websites on the VPS and the only way to solve it seems to be manually removing these directories, but then after some time (either days or weeks), new instances appear and we have to delete them manually again. And also, if we remove the directories for 1 website, it often happens that a different website starts dealing with the same issue, so it's not consistent.

For these websites we have plugin licenses such as Gravity Forms where it literally says we have over 30 "active" websites on 1 license, even though it's only 1 website using it, but this is due to the additional wp-toolkit directories.

Perhaps this is an issue that someone has had before? Below you find the general setup we use for Smart Update in Plesk.

1715861162142.png

Note: for some websites we only allow for minor updates to Wordpress or have defined plugin updates individually. But we have not found a specific setup that consistently causes these issues to occur.

Hope someone has a clue on how to fix this. If anything is unclear or I have forgotten to include important information, please let me know!

Attachments

• 1715861143666.png
    1715861143666.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 1
The issue your describing seems to match an bug that's has been fixed a while ago. I recommend contacting Plesk support so a support engineer can investigate the issue on your server. To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you got your Plesk license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Back