• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple IP Addresses

Gene-L

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Hi

Currently on our plesk server we have multiple sites on a single shared ip and sites with dedicated IPs.

My query is when alpha site on a shared IP 100.45.63.20 communicates with a bank why is it showing a dedicated IP address 100.45.63.36 that is given to beta site and used by beta site solely ?

We received the notification from the bank that the IP communicating with the bank was the dedicated ip 100.45.63.36 instead of the shared ip 100.45.63.20. Can anyone advice if this is a behaviour of plesk ? Or there is some settings that I can change such that communications from sites hosted on the shared IP shows up correctly when communicating with the bank.

Please advice.
Gene

I can assume that you have some application for communication with bank - maybe some payment qateway or something else. Therefore it is issue of this application and its settings which IP of server it uses for communication but not Plesk issue.

I see. Because the application never set any IP, so it randomly use source IP of the Plesk server. Is it possible on the server side to set the shared server IP to client? Because the plesk server will just assign any dedicated IP of others as their source IP (even though they are assigned shared IP). Therefore the bank still detects the source traffic as another dedicated IP of the plesk server and not the shared IP which they are on.

This is the same case for mails sent out from the server. Although client is allocated dedicated IP eg. 1.1.1.1, if any other IPs and even shared IP are in use by other customers or on the server, it may not always show the dedicated IP 1.1.1.1 that is allocated to them as sometimes it may just show coming from another IP.

Back