1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Multiple IP's on same site

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by AandCmedia, Apr 8, 2012.

1. AandCmedia

AandCmedia Basic Pleskian

85%
    So I have one subscription, and I want to have multiple sites on that subscription but all with different IP addresses is this at all possible. The reasoning behind this is because I am transitioning a magento site (well one site with mutliple stores that all sit on the same server but each have their own SSL's and web addresses). I need a way to assign IP addresses to each of the 3 stores on the one magento file system.

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Did you try to use several exclusive IPs for your subscription?

3. mconstable

mconstable New Pleskian

60%
    I need to know how to do this as well. IgorG, what are "exclusive IPs"? Did you mean dedicated IPs perhaps?

I've found an option to add multiple IPs to a reseller but so far no obvious way to allow a resellers client to have mulitple IPs.

4. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Hi, just give a client (customer) 3 subscriptions, each on its own IP.
    You also can have 3 SSL sites (with their own certificates) in one subscription even though it has one IP only. Plesk for Linux supports Server Name Indication (SNI) feature - run multiple SSL sites on a single IP.

Regards

5. AandCmedia

AandCmedia Basic Pleskian

85%
    A few questions of how to accomplish that, how do you set up multiple SSL on a single IP? Don't you have to assign a SSL to an IP I don't see how that is possible, is there a guide or can you give some steps? Also I can't give three subscriptions because as pointed out above I have one magento installation running 3 separate sites/stores all at different domain names and diff SSL's.

6. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Go to Websites & Domains > Secure your site
    Choose your sites and upload their certificates respectively. Note that certificated would be assigned to a site, not to IP how it used to be before 10.2

Regards

7. Daveness

Daveness Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  8. KamalG

KamalG Basic Pleskian

35%
    It is such a torcher, we can't put ssl and default site to none none both.. Plesk is very very torchering.