• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Multiple URLS

J

JR Gould

Gooday everyone,

We were wondering if it were possible to have multiple virtualhosts attached to different templates for resellers.
If so, how can this be done?

My gratitude in advance.

I still have not found an answer.

I hope someone with knowledge concerning this could share this soon

Are you talking about promotional link for reseller which is used by end-users? If so, please check following part of reseller's guide for Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder:
http://download1.parallels.com/Site...ributing_link_to_sitebuilder_demo_version.htm

and also following KB article: http://kb.odin.com/en/1805. It suits for version 4 also.
So, generally, there is no way to configure multiple URL's for reseller through Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder but you can make such configuration directly on your server in apache, so multiple URLs will point into resellers URL. But in this case the same default template will be used each time anyway.

Please let me know if I answered your question or provide me more details if that's not the case.

Thank you for the reply.

The desired situation would indeed be that our resellers would have their own template.
Say our company name is "cookie corp" with cookiecorp.com and our reseller is called "muffin inc" with domain muffin-inc.com.
Our sitebuilder url is sitebuilder.cookiecorp.com, our reseller would like his own url, say for example sitebuilder.muffin-inc.com and with his own template skin ( he doesn't want to use a template that advertises our company "cookie corp" ).

So would it be possible to serve our reseller with his clients their own template and/or url ?

regards,

Robin

still no reply

I have still not received a reply and the issue has not been resolved yet.
it's been well over 2 weeks, is the only way i'm gonna get a decent anwser going to be through a $150 support ticket?

Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder allows using custom skins and there is special guide exists which will help your resellers to prepare new skin for their interface. Please refer to the following guide: http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/skins/en_US/html/
As for the unique URL for builder interface as I told you before it is possible to configure this in Apache. Each reseller has it's own URL so it is possible to configure forwarding on apache level to, let's say sitebuilder.muffin-inc.com.

Ok thank you for the reply.
So custom skins and custom urls are possible, the main question is, is the combination possible?
a custom url linked to a custom skin.
(where 2 different urls linked to 1 sitebuilder but both with there own skin).

Each reseller can set different skin in his preferences as well as different skin for trial sites in Trial Site properties section:

Server -> Trial Site Settings -> Wizard Interface

In this case all sites created under this reseller will have set up skin which is different from one which is setup uner administrator interface.

Back