• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

multiple versions of Plesk in PSA directory causes update failures due to space.

S

skydealer

I'm running Plesk 6.0 and I get errors occasionally on signing into admin. I was told it was due to insufficient space and I think the issue is the same as my upgrading problems.

When I try and do updates I get a failure report similar to this:

There is no space in /root/psa for download (required 172 Kb, available 0 Kb).
ERROR: Downloading files from the server requires more disk space than you have in the /root/psa directory.
You need to free up some disk space.

So I went into my psa directory and there are all of the versions of Plesk that I've had on my server.

So can I delete the older directories of Plesk to open up some space for upgrading? My PSA directory has PSA_8.2.1, PSA_8.3.0, PSA 8.4.0 and PSA_8.6.0 directories. I'm running on the newest Plesk but I don't know if it's safe to delete the old ones, in case there are files located in there that newer versions of Plesk still uses. This is all generic packages that were used on all the updates over the past year.

Does the current version typically use any files from the older versions? If I can delete the PSA_8.2.1, PSA_8.3.0, PSA 8.4.0 directories this would free up enough space, but I don't know if it's typically safe to do.

Thanks.

I can answer my own question here.

The answer is YES. I was able to delete all of the old directories in the PSA directory and nothing adverse happened.

It also fixed the error codes when I did this.

You can also go to the Updater Preferences and set another temporary directory with more space.

Back