• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Jolene MacFadden

New Pleskian
Plesk 12.0.18 Centos6 - Read in the Manual that we can add multiple versions of PHP. Got through the first couple of steps before I ran into a problem....

Instructions From Manual:
1. Obtain the PHP source you need from the official website (http://php.net/downloads.php) and unpack it:

gunzip php-NN.tar.gz

tar -xf php-NN.tar

2. Configure and build PHP. This is when you can customize PHP with various options, such as specifying which extensions will beenabled. Run ./configure --help for a list of available options.

cd ../php-NN

./configure --prefix /usr/local/phpNN

make

make install

3. Set up your php.ini:

cp php.ini-development /usr/local/lib/php.ini

You may edit your .ini file to set PHP options. If you prefer having php.ini in another location, run the configure utilitywith the option --with-config-file-path=/some/path in step 3.

Register the new PHP version in Plesk:

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname <NN> -path <path to php cgi> -phpini <path to php.ini> -type <php handler> -id

<NN-custom>

Now I got to the part "make" However just before that the last line stated there was not C compiler. Then when I typed in "make" and enter I get another error

./configure --prefix /usr/local/php5.6.13
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
checking for grep... /bin/grep -E
checking for sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for cc... no
checking or gcc... no
configure: error: in '/php-5.6.13';
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See 'config.log' for more details
make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop

now what do I do?

Thanks for your help

Jolene

Decided to re-image my server one more time and low and behold the Updates and Upgrades page now works and I was able to all ALL of the Plesk 12 Features to it....Very excited to try everything out.

Back