• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Must be suid root

M

marco114

Hello, I am getting the following error. So far, support hasn't found the issue, so I figured I'd try here..

When going to Plesk login, I get " 500 - Internal Server Error "

I am not sure exactly what must be root, but it's complaining nevertheless.

Code:
[b]#tail -f /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log[/b]

Must be suid root
2009-09-28 18:56:13: (mod_fastcgi.c.1000) the fastcgi-backend /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm failed to start: 
2009-09-28 18:56:13: (mod_fastcgi.c.1004) child exited with status 1 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm 
2009-09-28 18:56:13: (mod_fastcgi.c.1007) if you try do run PHP as FastCGI backend make sure you use the FastCGI enabled version.
You can find out if it is the right one by executing 'php -v' and it should display '(cgi-fcgi)' in the output, NOT (cgi) NOR (cli)
For more information check http://www.lighttpd.net/documentation/fastcgi.html#preparing-php-as-a-fastcgi-program 
2009-09-28 18:56:13: (mod_fastcgi.c.1012) If this is PHP on Gentoo add fastcgi to the USE flags 
2009-09-28 18:56:13: (mod_fastcgi.c.1105) [ERROR]: spawning fcgi failed.

Hi,

Make sure that permissions on /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi and /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php are correct:

# ls -la /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8287683 2009-03-13 15:02 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi

# ls -l /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root psaadm 37 2009-09-19 06:09 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -> /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun
# ls -la /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16272 2009-07-14 22:13 /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun

Also check that package sw-engine is consistent:
# rpm -V sw-engine

If it reports any problems you can reinstall it using rpm -Uhv --force

Also check that psaadm is in correct group:
# grep psaadm /etc/group
psaadm:x:502:psaadm,sw-cp-server
swkey-data:x:503:psaadm
psaserv:x:504:apache,psaftp,psaadm

If you have selinux enabled, try disabling it.

If all above does not help then try executing
/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm -e

in command prompt and send output here.

Hello,

Please make sure that hostname of your server is resolved correctly.
You can also check if the /etc/hosts contains definition of the localhost alias.

thanks all for the quick replies. I contacted support here and they reinstalled using the --force option and all is good now. I am pretty sure the permissions were messed up. The host name was setup correct.

thanks all for the quick replies. I contacted support here and they reinstalled using the --force option and all is good now. I am pretty sure the permissions were messed up. The host name was setup correct.

Hi,

I have the same error message and my plesk is giving me an Internal error 500 ..

I looked at the solution but i can not change the permission of this file:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php

on my server it's both psaadm

if i change it there is nothing happening and also no error..
the code i'm using to change it is:

chown root /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php
or
chgro root /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php

Hope somebody can help me out with this BIG problem !!.??

~ # /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto _prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm -e
PHP Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/ auth.php3 on line 55
Expires: Fri, 28 May 1999 00:00:00 GMT
Last-Modified: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 19:03:38 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
P3P: CP="NON COR CURa ADMa OUR NOR UNI COM NAV STA"
Content-type: text/html

<html><head>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7"/>
<title></title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javas cript/common.js?plesk_version=psa-10.1.0-1010101227.14"/></script>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javas cript/prototype.js?plesk_version=psa-10.1.0-1010101227.14"></script>
<script>
var opt_no_frames = false;
var opt_integrated_mode = false;
</script>

</head><body onLoad=";top.location='/login.php3';"></body><noscr ipt>You will be redirected to the new address in 15 seconds... If you are not au tomatically taken to the new location, please enable javascript or click the hyp erlink <a href="/login.php3" target="top">/login.php3</a>.</noscript></html><!-- ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

Make sure that permissions on /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi and /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php are correct:

# ls -la /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 8287683 2009-03-13 15:02 /usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi

# ls -l /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root psaadm 37 2009-09-19 06:09 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -> /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun
# ls -la /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16272 2009-07-14 22:13 /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun

Also check that package sw-engine is consistent:
# rpm -V sw-engine

If it reports any problems you can reinstall it using rpm -Uhv --force

Also check that psaadm is in correct group:
# grep psaadm /etc/group
psaadm:x:502:psaadm,sw-cp-server
swkey-data:x:503:psaadm
psaserv:x:504:apache,psaftp,psaadm

If you have selinux enabled, try disabling it.

If all above does not help then try executing
/usr/bin/sw-engine-cgi -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -d auto_prepend_file=auth.php3 -u psaadm -e

in command prompt and send output here.

For us, this was resolved after we did a 'rpm -Uvh --force' for the 'sw-cp-server' package. Just in case someone runs into this again and the above instructions turn out to not be sufficient :)

Back