• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

My Host Doesn't Know How to Fix This

dean

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am a reseller using Plesk 12.0, Windows 2008 and Plesk module in WHMCS 6.02. I receive a 1006 Permission Denied error in WHMCS Client Area (see attached). This section would normally include a login link for my client to log into plesk directly and a Resources tab that shows disk, bw, etc usage. I would have similar features on my admin version in WHMCS.

I am able to create, suspend, terminate successfully with WHMCS module

So far I have asked my host to apply update per http://kb.odin.com/en/125717 and to enable "Tools & Settings> Server Settings > Customers can change the name of their system users"

They report they did and I am still getting 1006 error (in new and old subscriptions). They continue to blame WHMCS and refuse to open a ticket with Odin

Here is the Module Debug Log from WHMCS that is generated when client visits WHMCS Client Area. I have formatted it as

================
RESQUEST

RESULT
=================

With last request first.

Is there anything I can suggest to my host? Thanks for your help. Begin log....

===============================================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.6.3.5"><server>
<create_session>
<login>testcom</login>
<data>
<user_ip>OTYuMjUxLjIwLjky</user_ip>
<source_server>OTYuMjUxLjIwLjky</source_server>
</data>
</create_session>
</server></packet>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.6.3.5"><server><create_session><result><status>error</status><errcode>1006</errcode><errtext>Permission

denied.</errtext></result></create_session></server></packet>

===========================================================================

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.6.3.5"><customer>
<get>
<filter>
<external-id>whmcs_plesk_208</external-id>
</filter>
<dataset>
<gen_info/>
</dataset>
</get>
</customer></packet>

<packet version="1.6.3.5"><customer><get><result><status>ok</status><filter-id>whmcs_plesk_208</filter-id><id>368</id><data><gen_info><cr_date>2015-08-

29</cr_date><cname>Plesk API</cname><pname>Plesk

Test</pname><login>testcom</login><status>0</status><phone>8182977993</phone><fax></fax><email>[email protected]</email><address>16321 Pacific Coast Hwy

#78</address><city>Pacific Palisades</city><state>CA</state><pcode>90272</pcode><country>US</country><locale>en-US</locale><guid>A74D6FDD-3050-4960-BA82-

B2DC299B5851</guid><owner-id>67</owner-id><vendor-guid>62D3478C-66B0-4045-8369-CB19B7AFE1D0</vendor-guid><external-id>whmcs_plesk_208</external-id><password>

$5$BBWsIxD6vkTWw9pV$G3snH0USQ/gk07.6AptvsZ83ctQnLb2nx9yhIVYYLw.</password><password_type>crypt</password_type></gen_info></data></result></get></customer></packet>

===========================================================================================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packet version="1.0.0.0"><server>
<get_protos/>
</server></packet>

<packet

version="1.0.0.0"><server><get_protos><result><status>ok</status><protos><proto>1.0.0.0</proto><proto>1.1.0.0</proto><proto>1.2.0.0</proto><proto>1.3.0.0</proto><prot

o>1.3.1.0</proto><proto>1.3.2.0</proto><proto>1.3.3.0</proto><proto>1.3.4.0</proto><proto>1.3.5.0</proto><proto>1.4.0.0</proto><proto>1.4.1.0</proto><proto>1.4.2.0</p

roto><proto>1.4.1.1</proto><proto>1.4.1.2</proto><proto>1.5.0.0</proto><proto>1.5.1.0</proto><proto>1.5.2.0</proto><proto>1.5.2.1</proto><proto>1.6.0.0</proto><proto>

1.6.0.1</proto><proto>1.6.0.2</proto><proto>1.6.2.0</proto><proto>1.6.3.0</proto><proto>1.6.3.1</proto><proto>1.6.3.2</proto><proto>1.6.3.3</proto><proto>1.6.3.4</pro

to><proto>1.6.3.5</proto><proto>1.6.4.0</proto><proto>1.6.5.0</proto><proto>1.6.6.0</proto></protos></result></get_protos></server></packet>

===========================================================================

Attachments

• plesk-3.jpg
    plesk-3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi dean,

please have a look at: http://docs.whmcs.com/Plesk

The error 1006 states clear:
Code:
Module Command Error: 1006 - Permission denied.

This indicates your Plesk login doesn't have the necessary permissions to use the API. You need the admin of the server to grant your Plesk reseller account permission to use the API - specifically this permission "Ability to use remote API" and that should resolve it
If you still experience further issues, please contact WHMCS for support.

"Ability to use remote API" shows "On" in my Subscription Overview Permissions. As indicated I am able to use it for most functions

whmcs setup has already been checked by whmcs and they say error is coming from plesk

I noticed this started with v 6.0 and I changed module to "plesk"

What does my provider's page say about these permissions? Are there additional options?

Please see OP, its the same one I mentioned. How can I determine from reseller panel its been installed? Reported version is psa v12.0.18_build20150128.13 os_Windows 2008/2012
Check the C:\ParallelsInstaller\microupdates.xml file.

This post is more than one year old, but I get the very same issue... and we don't know if (and how) Dean fixed his issue.

I'm trying to use a ResellerClub Windows Reseller Plan (Dean did'nt specified who is his hosting provider, but I would bet it's ResellerClub too...), everything works fine, except this button in client area, which returns this "Error code: 1006. Error message: Permission denied." message...

My WHMCS, with others Plesk installations. works fine and has not this issue.

Anyone experienced the same?

Back