• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

my plesk cp broken from upgrading

A

atomicmak

i did autoinstaller from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 and plesk get broke. then i try to upgrade thourgh rpm's from ssh and getting this now

==============================
Trying to add supplementary group 'psaserv' for user 'psaadm'... already there
group psacln already exists
Standard build detected. Upgrading canceled, because only
5.0.x versions supported for upgrading from Standard to RPM
builds.

error: %pre(psa-7.5.4-rhel3.build75050824.12) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-7.5.4-rhel3.build75050824.12
[root@ns3 base]#
==============================

can please someone help me solving this issue ?

can anyone please help me to solve this ?

i am really in big trouble right now.
as plesk autoupdater failed and stopped on half.

libssl.so is not found.

Plesk really is an untested abominable piece of **** isn't it...

I'm suffering exactly the same problem. Tried to fix a broken autoupdate by using the rpms to be told it can't do it.

Now I have 100 hosed customers. Thanks Plesk

You should never do upgrades on a live system! Haven't you tested you upgrade in a non live environment?

You should always test the upgrade on a test server, so you can find out if al updates are correctly, are that you need to upgrade some packages. That way you can minimize downtime on your servers.

Originally posted by gltich
You should never do upgrades on a live system! Haven't you tested you upgrade in a non live environment?

You should always test the upgrade on a test server, so you can find out if al updates are correctly, are that you need to upgrade some packages. That way you can minimize downtime on your servers.

Thank you for your enlightened reply.

My ire is largely down to the fact that the upgrade went absolutely fine on a test server and barfed itself all over the floor on the live server, despite them both being Fedora Core 2 with the same software installed. So yes, I am well aware of the importance of doing test runs first.

Clearly the wind was in the wrong direction when I did the live install or perhaps the phase of the moon had changed sufficiently to cause issues.

That sucks:(
There are no package differences at all?
If the systems are equal, it _should_ work.

Is everthing fixed now?
I don't know about Fedora Core. We only use FreeBSD based systems for hosting.

Originally posted by gltich
That sucks:(
There are no package differences at all?
If the systems are equal, it _should_ work.

Is everthing fixed now?
I don't know about Fedora Core. We only use FreeBSD based systems for hosting.

Hiya,
I can only assume that something about the systems was unequal (perhaps the number of customers hosted on it?) but I can't see what it was unfortunately.

At this point it looks very much like a complete system re-install is the only way out, which does ****, greatly.

Ah well, all in a days work eh? :)

Well I have to say, that although the upgrade blew up originally, once I had the server reinstalled (a drastic measure but one that was highly recommended) I used psarestore to put all my customers back and it worked like a charm.

I then upgraded to 7.5.4 and that too worked like a charm. Apparently my 7.5.3 database had got some weird entries in it (?) and this caused the normal upgrade path to die completely.

Anyway, I'm all back up and running and everything seems hunky dory!

Back