• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mysql 4.1.9 & Plesk's Internal PHP

M

maltune

Hi,

I just upgraded my Fedora core 2 server to Mysql 4.1.9 using the RPMs from mysql.com No problems. I had to rebuild PHP for Apache in order to get the new Mysql version working with PHP. Now it looks as if I'll need to update the PHP module used for the plesk interface. It's currently using Client API Version: 4.1.7 for Mysql. How can I update Plesk's PHP module without affecting anything else and of course not breaking my Plesk installation?

I realized there was a discrepancy in Plesk and the new version of MySQL when I tried to delete a domain and received the following error message:
-------
Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to turn the domain OFF: domainmng failed: domainmng: Unable to query: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
-------

So far this is the only problem I've encountered since upgrading MySQL.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy Dunn

You'll have to wait for sw-soft to modify the code to support mysql 4.1, I've looked at the internals on this one and without being able to modify the sql queries internally in the PSA php code, you cannot resolve this. Your other option would be to run mysql 4.1 in parallel with 3.x or 4.0.x on a different port or socket

I have 4.1.x on FreeBSD, and it has worked fine. It came with that version, though I recompiled my own version.

Originally posted by maltune
Hi,

I just upgraded my Fedora core 2 server to Mysql 4.1.9 using the RPMs from mysql.com No problems. I had to rebuild PHP for Apache in order to get the new Mysql version working with PHP. Now it looks as if I'll need to update the PHP module used for the plesk interface. It's currently using Client API Version: 4.1.7 for Mysql. How can I update Plesk's PHP module without affecting anything else and of course not breaking my Plesk installation?

I realized there was a discrepancy in Plesk and the new version of MySQL when I tried to delete a domain and received the following error message:
-------

-------

So far this is the only problem I've encountered since upgrading MySQL.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy Dunn

I am experiencing the same problem, we have MySQL 4.1.9 and today I tried removing a domain for the first time, and I get the same error message, mentioning an error in MySQL query.

Did you find a fix for this?

Thanks!
Veronica

Originally posted by atomicturtle
Your other option would be to run mysql 4.1 in parallel with 3.x or 4.0.x on a different port or socket

Is it easy to do this ? Could you explain more please because i'm interested by that way ?

Regards

I have the same problem with Plesk 7.1. and MySql (Thread ). Is MySql >= 4.1 not supported? The Plesk installation guide says that mysql-4.0.15-9.i586.rpm or newer is required. No way to fix this at the moment? I don't want to install a older version.

Back