• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

MySQL 5.1 to 5.6 Upgrade in Plesk Add/Remove Components

PeteSDG

Basic Pleskian
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help with my query. I promise I have Googled and searched the forum.

In Plesk 12.5 for Windows, it's possible to switch from MySQL 5.1 to 5.6

We already have a large userbase on the server using MySQL 5.1 and we're wondering if we switch to 5.6 will the existing users and data in 5.1 be transferred to 5.6 or would it be a clean install and we'd have to import existing users/data?

Just to add, I've read the Upgrade Notes and FAQ for 12.5 also and it doesn't mention whether this is possible.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the info.

Based on your answer I decided to press ahead with the MySQL Upgrade and we didn't have any problems.

Back